Maria Patsalos > Mishcon de Reya LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Mishcon de Reya LLP Offices
- Go to...
Maria is a Partner in Mishcon Private advising individual and corporate clients on all areas of Immigration law. Her clients benefit from her vast technical knowledge and experience in dealing with exceptional cases, as well as her ability to provide innovative and bespoke solutions.
She specialises in all Points Based applications, Sponsor Licences for companies under Tier 2 and Tier 5; Certificates of Sponsorship; Sole Representative visas; fiancée/spouse/civil partnership and unmarried partner applications; rights under European law as well as appeals to the Immigration Tribunal and Judicial Review applications.
Many of Maria’s clients wish to obtain Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK and subsequent British citizenship. This often involves complex matters such as excess absences from the UK requiring the exercise of discretion by the Home Office. Maria assists with the provision of long term strategic advice, as well as establishing links and connections with the UK for such clients.
She has particular experience with claims for political asylum mainly on the basis of clients’ political affiliations or membership of certain social groups. She regularly assists clients with obtaining second residencies or citizenships in countries including Cyprus, Malta, Portugal and St Kitts & Nevis.
Maria is the immigration representative in the firm’s Sports Group. She regularly advises football clubs in the UK regarding obtaining visas for players and has also advised in relation to rugby, golf and darts.
Working with the UK based Human Rights organisation Liberty, Maria regularly advises on meritorious cases. Maria also founded and supervises the immigration element of Pink Law, a free legal advice service for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals run via Queen Mary University.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya
University of Birmingham, BA Classical Literature and Civilisation
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Mishcon de Reya LLP has an ‘outstanding reputation‘ for immigration work; it is ‘very skilled at dealing with difficult immigration and nationality issues‘; and the team has ‘first-rate legal skills, but unrivalled client care skills‘. The business immigration team acts for high-net-worth individuals and corporate clients, which are active across the financial, creative, media, technology, sports and fashion industries. The team is regularly engaged on sponsor licence applications, right to work checks, Home Office compliance, entrepreneur and innovator applications and representatives of overseas business visa applications. It is experienced in advising on exceptional applications for naturalisation and complex ILR applications. The team also offers human rights, asylum and deportation expertise; it defends clients against extradition requests and is engaged on contentious immigration issues for clients in the Middle East, Russia and China. Judicial review claims, human rights and asylum claims are a key part of the practice. Team head Kamal Rahman is the ‘absolute master of client care‘; she is ably supported by Steven Bostock, Maria Patsalos , managing associate Hannah Barnett and associate Matt Ingham.
- Next Generation Partners - London > Human resources > Immigration
- Immigration - London > Human resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Brand management
- Real estate > Commercial property: retail
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Human resources > Employment: employers
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime
- Risk advisory > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Human resources > Employee share schemes
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Franchising
- Insurance > Insurance litigation: for policyholders
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – mid-tier – up to £250m
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property finance
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Contruction: non-contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Human resources > Immigration
- Transport > Travel