Steven Bostock > Mishcon de Reya LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Mishcon de Reya LLP Offices
- Go to...
Steven is a Partner in Mishcon Private, specialising in Immigration law. With almost ten years’ experience working as an immigration lawyer he is recognised as an expert in his field, providing strategic, commercial, and informed advice to private individuals and organisations.
Steven advises clients in respect of the Tier 1 (Investor) and Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa categories and is at the forefront of changes to these categories, regularly consulting with the Home Office to shape policy. Having spent time in the Caribbean, he also has an in depth knowledge of second citizenship applications.
Steven plays a pivotal role in the firm’s Tier 2 business immigration group, working with the Employment and Corporate departments to provide an integrated client service. He advises in respect of all business immigration issues for both employers and employees including sponsor licence applications, Tier 2 visa applications, Sole Representative visas, and general compliance issues.
Steven also advises on European free movement rights, long residence applications, family based applications, litigation matters in the Tribunals and claims for Judicial Review.
He regularly advises in respect of asylum applications in the UK working with charities on a pro bono basis and works closely alongside the firm’s in-house Extradition group to assist high profile individuals seeking political asylum in the UK.
Steven provides long term strategic advice to help clients obtain Indefinite Leave to Remain status and subsequent British citizenship. He has extensive experience with complex applications involving excess absences or other issues that require a solution based approach often requiring the use of discretion by the Home Office.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Qualified, Mishcon de Reya
Trainee, Charles Russell
Nottingham Law School, LPC & GDL
University of Southampton, BA History
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Mishcon de Reya LLP has an ‘outstanding reputation‘ for immigration work; it is ‘very skilled at dealing with difficult immigration and nationality issues‘; and the team has ‘first-rate legal skills, but unrivalled client care skills‘. The business immigration team acts for high-net-worth individuals and corporate clients, which are active across the financial, creative, media, technology, sports and fashion industries. The team is regularly engaged on sponsor licence applications, right to work checks, Home Office compliance, entrepreneur and innovator applications and representatives of overseas business visa applications. It is experienced in advising on exceptional applications for naturalisation and complex ILR applications. The team also offers human rights, asylum and deportation expertise; it defends clients against extradition requests and is engaged on contentious immigration issues for clients in the Middle East, Russia and China. Judicial review claims, human rights and asylum claims are a key part of the practice. Team head Kamal Rahman is the ‘absolute master of client care‘; she is ably supported by Steven Bostock, Maria Patsalos , managing associate Hannah Barnett and associate Matt Ingham.
- Next Generation Partners - London > Human resources > Immigration
- Immigration - London > Human resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Brand management
- Real estate > Commercial property: retail
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Human resources > Employment: employers
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime
- Risk advisory > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Human resources > Employee share schemes
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Franchising
- Insurance > Insurance litigation: for policyholders
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – mid-tier – up to £250m
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property finance
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Contruction: non-contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Human resources > Immigration
- Transport > Travel