Kevin McCarthy > Mishcon de Reya LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Mishcon de Reya LLP Offices
- Go to...
Kevin is a Partner in the Corporate department and is Head of Mishcon de Reya’s Private Equity group. He has established a strong reputation for advising management and investee companies as well as equity finance providers.
A significant part of Kevin’s practice is in advising business executives, family offices, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals. Clients look to him for strategic counsel and tactical input on a wide range of commercial and legal matters including transaction negotiations and related disputes. Much of Kevin’s activity is international in its nature; he advises overseas clients on UK matters as well as UK parties on their international investment strategy and activity.
Kevin’s practice spans a wide range of sectors including technology, retail, sport & leisure and financial services.
The Legal 500 identifies Kevin as a leading Private Equity lawyer, describing him as a “responsive, very capable and solution focused” practitioner.
Kevin is also a Notary Public.
Trained and qualified McGrigor Donald; solicitor Ashurst 1996; partner Mishcon de Reya 2005 to date.
Glasgow University (LLB Hons); St John’s College, Oxford (BCL).
Mishcon de Reya LLP‘s ‘standard approach to executing legal due diligence and M&A transactions is affordable but still high-quality and incredibly professional‘, in the words of one client. Highlights include Andrew Rimmington and managing associate Lucinda Brendon advising the management team of automotive company Autovista Group on a €325m secondary buyout. The client provides pricing and specification intelligence for Europe’s automotive decision-makers. Management representation of this kind forms a large portion of the firm’s PE practice, which is strongly supported by broader employment and tax teams. Kevin McCarthy, who leads the team, is a key contact.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Brand management
- Real estate > Commercial property: retail
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Human resources > Employment: employers
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime
- Risk advisory > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Human resources > Employee share schemes
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Franchising
- Insurance > Insurance litigation: for policyholders
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – mid-tier – up to £250m
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property finance
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Contruction: non-contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Human resources > Immigration
- Transport > Travel