Jonathan Legg > Mishcon de Reya LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Mishcon de Reya LLP Offices
- Go to...
Real Estate Taxation
Jonathan is a Partner in the Real Estate department and has experience in all areas of corporate tax, with an emphasis on property investment, development, finance and funds work. He acts for a variety of institutional clients, investors, developers, local authorities and charities, advising on both direct and indirect taxes (including Stamp Duty Land Tax and VAT).
Qualified 2001, Slaughter & May; solicitor, Lawrence Graham LLP 2002-10; partner, Mishcon de Reya 2010.
Chartered Institute of Taxation; VAT Practitioners Group; Stamp Taxes Practitioners Group.
Merton College, Oxford; College of Law, York.
Football, cricket, skiing.
Mishcon de Reya LLP‘s advisory- and transaction-focused team has deep expertise in property tax, advising on all aspects of real estate investment, including student accommodation. Many of these matters are led by department co-head Jonathan Legg. In addition, the team has experience in insurance-sector deals and fund formation taxation. John Skoulding, who is the other co-head, focuses on transactional advice around domestic and international M&A, fund formations and corporate restructurings and reorganisations. Gary Richards is noted for tax planning and transaction structuring.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Brand management
- Real estate > Commercial property: retail
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Human resources > Employment: employers
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime
- Risk advisory > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Human resources > Employee share schemes
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Franchising
- Insurance > Insurance litigation: for policyholders
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – mid-tier – up to £250m
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property finance
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Contruction: non-contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Human resources > Immigration
- Transport > Travel