Amanda Tagg > Mills & Reeve LLP > Cambridge, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
100 HILLS ROAD
- Go to...
Agriculture and estates.
Amanda specialises in all aspects of agricultural property law, with an emphasis on work for institutional and corporate clients that hold agricultural land as an investment, and on rural property development. She has very wide experience of most aspects of agricultural and property law, including the acquisition, management and disposal of freehold and leasehold agricultural estates; agricultural tenancies; single-farm payment; agri-environmental schemes; and diversification of agricultural land (for example, through commercial activities such as business and research parks, residential development schemes and energy projects). Her recent work includes advising: a private investment company on the acquisition of a 1,200 acre estate in Norfolk for £11m and in relation to the acceptance of a surrender by one of its agricultural tenants of a tenancy of a substantial estate in Essex and advising on the ongoing management of both estates; a charity on the grant of a strategic land option over 300 acres of farmland to a national housebuilder (with a minimum land value of £30m), the restructuring of occupational leasehold interests and management arrangements at its research park and the potential redevelopment of parts of the park; a private client in relation to the grant of an option to a supermarket chain to construct an eco-friendly supermarket and associated food academy on allotment and agricultural land in Norfolk; and a leading international university in relation to the restructuring of agricultural tenancies on its agricultural estate in Shropshire.
Trained Slaughter and May, London; qualified 1998. Trainee solicitor, Slaughter and May 1996-98; solicitor 1998-2005; senior solicitor, Mills & Reeve 2005-06; associate 2006-10; partner 2010 to date.
Manshead Upper School, Caddington, Luton; Queens College Cambridge (1992-95 BA Hons law 2:1); College of Law, Guildford (1995-96 LPC, distinction).
Swimming, playing the piano.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Mills & Reeve LLP is frequently involved in some of the largest rural land transactions in East Anglia and across the UK. It frequently acts for traditional farming clients, as well as landowning Cambridge and Oxford colleges, pension funds, landed estates and large agribusinesses. Michael Aubrey and Amanda Tagg in Cambridge, along with Tim Ryan in Norwich are the lead partners. Aubrey has a national reputation for advice to institutional and corporate landowners on structuring transactions, major infrastructure and development projects, and large-scale renewable energy projects. Tagg advises institutional investors on agricultural property portfolios and Ryan assists landowners with collaboration, promotion, option and contribution agreements, and renewable energy projects.
Mills & Reeve LLP has a large team that advises on a broad array of high-value and complex issues relating to rural land nationally. It acts for many traditional farming clients as well as several of the landowning Cambridge and Oxford colleges, various pension funds, some prestigious landed estates as well as many substantial national farming businesses. Under the direction of Michael Aubrey and Amanda Tagg, the group advises on the tax, trusts and contentious aspects of agricultural law as well as food law. Other strengths lie in advising institutional and corporate landowners on structuring transactions and advising on major infrastructure and development projects as well as large scale renewable energy projects. The agile team also advises on woodland plantation carbon scheme options in addition to the acquisition and disposal of land.
- Agriculture and estates - East Anglia > Private client
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Private client > Agriculture and estates
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector