Tim Allsop > Mills & Reeve LLP > Cambridge, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
100 HILLS ROAD
- Go to...
Tim specialises in commercial real estate work and his particular expertise is in major development projects, joint ventures and real estate finance. The majority of his clients are from the education and local authority sectors although he also has extensive experience of representing private sector developers and landowners. In recent years Tim has acted on most types of real estate matters for just about every type of client and takes great pride in being part of one of the leading teams of real estate lawyers in the country. Following a recent transaction, one client commented: ‘The star of the show is definitely Tim: his drafting of the complex legal documentation, conduct of the negotiations with the other side and absolute grasp of what matters to us the client, were just outstanding.’ Tim speaks frequently at conferences and seminars on real estate matters, particularly those of interest to education clients. He is also the firm contact on UKSPA, the UK Science Parks Association.
Trainee solicitor Slaughter and May 1992-1994; solicitor 1994-1997; solicitor Herbert Smith 1997-2001; associate Mills & Reeve 2001-02; partner 2002.
Bishop’s Stortford College; Selwyn College Cambridge (1990 MA Hons History).
Running, swimming, cycling, walking, football (Arsenal), history and wine.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector