Sara Barrett > Mills & Reeve LLP > Cambridge, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
100 HILLS ROAD
- Go to...
Sara specialises in all aspects of employment law with particular emphasis on advising bodies regarding restructuring, which requires collective consultation and issues associated with TUPE. Sara also routinely advises on senior executive termination arrangements. Within the private sector Sara has advises across a number of business sectors including recruitment, retail, logistics, food and beverage,healthcare, manufacturing and education. Many of Sara’s private sector clients have global reach. Within the public sector she has carved out a real niche advising not-for-profit organisations including colleges and schools. Sara has advised a number of community interest companies granted contracts from local authorities for outsourced services. Sara leads the Manchester offices’ annual seminar series and regularly lectures to other professional organisations.
Trained George Davies Solicitors LLP; qualified 1996; trainee solicitor George Davies Solicitors LLP 1994-96; solicitor George Davies Solicitors LLP 1996-98; solicitor Hammonds (now Squires Sanders); 1998-2005; head of employment Kippax Beaumont Lewis 2005-06; associate George Davies Solicitors LLP 2006-10; partner George Davies Solicitors LLP 2010-13; partner Mills & Reeves LLP 2013 to date.
Law Society, Employment Law Association.
Church High School, Newcastle-upon-Tyne; Manchester University (1994 BA (Hons) 2(1) Accounting and Law); Chester Law College (Legal Practice Diploma (Distinction)).
Mills & Reeve LLP often acts on complex employment cases, such as defending Employment Tribunal claims for employers active in both the private and public sectors. The team is especially strong advising on industrial relations as well as strategic advice regarding the recognition of trade unions. Practice leader Sara Barrett is noted for her work involving cross-border employment matters in multiple jurisdictions, including the US, the Netherlands, and Denmark.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Health and safety
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Employment > Health and safety