Stuart Craig > Mills & Reeve LLP > Cambridge, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
100 HILLS ROAD
- Go to...
Partner specialising in employment law, who advises a wide range of employers, including Plcs, private businesses, universities and NHS organisations. He deals with all aspects of employment law. His contentious work involves dealing with heavyweight employment tribunal cases, particularly complex discrimination and whistleblowing claims and he has acted for employers in a number of leading reported cases in different sectors. His non-contentious work includes drafting the full range of employment documentation, advising on reorganisations and restructuring and involves TUPE and large public sector outsourcing issues. He leads on employment law issues for the firm’s health clients and is acknowledged as a leader in this field, frequently advising on matters where specialist knowledge of the NHS is required, including complex executive level terminations and doctors disciplinary and performance procedures.
Trainee solicitor, KE Davis & Sons, Hayes, Middlesex 1994-96; solicitor, KE Davis & Sons, Hayes, Middlesex 1996-98; solicitor, Charsley Harrison, Windsor, Berkshire 1998-2001; senior solicitor, Mills & Reeve, Cambridge 2001-04; associate, Mills & Reeve, Cambridge 2004-09; partner, Mills & Reeve, Cambridge June 2009 to present.
Employment Lawyers Association.
Groby Community College, Groby, Leicestershire 1985-89; University of Hull, BA (Hons) History 1989-92; DeMontfort University, Leicester, CPE and LPC 1992-94.
Family, football and other sports, reading, travel and films.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Mills & Reeve LLP in Cambridge is ‘knowledgeable, responsive, pragmatic and provides clear advice which is simple to understand‘. The firm handles complex contentious matters, as well as providing day-to-day advice on HR matters to large domestic and international corporates. David Mills is head of the firm’s national employment practice and he also leads the private sector group. Nicola Brown, who is ‘highly professional but firmly rooted in the real world‘, leads on employment matters for national higher education clients and charities, while Stuart Craig is the key partner for health sector clients in the East of England and London. Senior associate Lindsey Hill is recommended for contentious matters including discrimination and equality claims. In Norwich, James Kidd leads the employment, pensions and immigration team.
The ‘very attentive and user-friendly‘ Mills & Reeve LLP has a substantial national education practice and large health group that are ‘honest, realistic and responsive at times when there is significant pressure‘. In Cambridge, Gary Attle is co-head of the education and research sector practice, in which the ‘approachable and positive‘ Duncan Astill has 20 years’ experience in public and regulatory law. Charity law partner Sarah Seed, construction specialist Raith Pickup, employment partner Stuart Craig and education group principal associate Poppy Short also play key roles. In Norwich, Stephen King and Natalie Wade are key partners in the health and care practice.
Mills & Reeve LLP’s employment group retains its expertise in the healthcare sector and continues to grow under the leadership of Stuart Craig. The team handles complex litigation and represents employers in discrimination matters before the Employment Tribunal. Rebecca Pallot is noted for advising NHS bodies and is also recommended for charity-related employment work, while Jenny Perry, who joined from Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP, advises on TUPE issues and whistleblowing matters.
Mills & Reeve LLP is nationally recognised for its diverse healthcare practice and stellar client list of NHS Trusts, independent providers, commissioners, investors and other key industry players. Based in Leeds, employment specialist Stuart Craig routinely advises on complex executive level terminations, doctors disciplinary and performance procedures, and organisational change and TUPE matters, often within the NHS. Head of real estate Simon Sherwood is experienced in dealing with primary care investments and developments. On the corporate side, Paul Johnson assists private equity backed clients with their sector-led buy and build strategies, particularly in the healthcare, insurance and technology sectors. National practice head Jill Mason is based in Birmingham.
- Employment - East Anglia > Employment
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Employment > Employment
- Public sector - East Anglia > Public sector
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector