Tom Pickthorn > Mills & Reeve LLP > Cambridge, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
100 HILLS ROAD
- Go to...
Corporate and commercial.
Partner specialising in M&A work and head of the firm’s European desk. Clients include Bourn Hall, Egis SA, Midwich, SNCF, Spaldings and Trinity Biotech.
Trainee solicitor Linklaters 1992-94; solicitor Linklaters 1999-2000; associate Mills & Reeve 2000-01; partner 2001.
Eaton College; University of Bristol (1989); College of Law (2001).
Family, football and the arts.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Mills & Reeve LLP has ‘a very commercial and friendly approach and provides good technical advice‘ on the most high-profile regional deals, as well as many national and international transactions. Tom Pickthorn leads on corporate transactions and Kevin Calder in commercial matters. The firm has a deep bench of partners, among them Claire Clarke, who has particular expertise in education work and formation of investment funds, venture capital partner Zickie Lim, private equity expert Anthony McGurk and life sciences partner James Fry, who ‘always offers pragmatic advice’. Jonathan Greenwood focuses on education M&A and mid-market corporate transactions and Neil Burton specialists in charities work.
- Corporate and commercial: Cambridge - East Anglia > Corporate and commercial
- Hall of Fame - East Anglia > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector