Peter McLintock > Mills & Reeve LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
78-84 COLMORE ROW
- Go to...
Corporate and Commercial.
Corporate finance partner in Birmingham office of national firm Mills & Reeve. Peter helps companies, private equity houses and management teams to buy, sell, merge, fund and govern their businesses locally, nationally and internationally. His sector and transactional experience is complemented by having spent years as a client within industry.
Trained at Nottinghamshire County Council; qualified as a solicitor in 1987. Post qualification Peter spent two years with Wells and Hind Nottingham (which became Eversheds), followed by 10 years in industry with 3i plc, the then leading venture capital company and FT100 company. In 1999 he left to become a partner of Wragge Co and was recruited in 2004 by Hammonds (which has become Squire Patton Boggs) and led their corporate strategy and finance practice before agreeing to join Mills & Reeve in 2013, where he has helped grow its private sector business practice year on year. He leads the firm’s private equity group and is also head of Mills &Reeve’s Africa Desk.
Birmingham Commonwealth Association
Cardinal Langley Grammar; Sheffield University (LLB (Hons) 2(1)); Guildford Law School (Part II Finals (first round pass)).
Cycling, skiing, golf, football (watching).
Praised for its ‘straightforward, proactive and responsive‘ manner, Mills & Reeve LLP is regularly instructed by a diverse array of public and private entities, most notably in the health and care sectors. Corporate chair and national private equity head Ryan Hawley handles numerous mid-market transactions for a diverse roster of clients, especially those in the education and renewable energy sectors. As head of the firm’s health team, Julian Smith is regularly involved in big-ticket acquisitions and disposals for some of the sector’s biggest players. Peter McLintock advises on cross-border M&A and private equity investments for major entities from the worlds of telecoms, software, and commercial property. Commercial practice chair Jayne Hussey heads up the firm’s automotive and engineering practice, advising on supply chain and logistics projects for various household names. In addition to helming both the agri-food and the life sciences teams, Junaid Haroon is a prolific advisor to private sector health and care clients.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Property litigation