Dawn Brathwaite > Mills & Reeve LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
78-84 COLMORE ROW
- Go to...
Dawn advises on commissioning policies and decisions relating to drugs and treatments and judicial review challenges arising from these. She also advises clinical commissioning groups on responsible commissioner disputes and continuing healthcare packages. On the regulatory front, Dawn advises on performers lists management cases before the First-tier Tribunal and on primary care contract disputes between primary care contractors and NHS England before the NHSLA FHSAU. Dawn also advises the Care Quality Commission and the Licence Committee and the Statutory Approvals Committee of the Human Fertilisation & Embryology Authority.
Qualified England and Wales 1991; attorney at law M Hamel Smith & Co, Trinidad; salaried partner Maurice Andrews Solicitors 1991-95; solicitor Tyndallwoods Solicitors 1995-98; associate Anthony Collins Solicitors 1999-2001; senior solicitor Mills & Reeve 2001-04; associate 2004-08; partner 2008 to present.
University of the West Indies (LLB); Nottingham Trent University (1994 LLM; 2004 MBA).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Mills & Reeve LLP‘s healthcare expertise spans acute care, mental health, commissioning and service reform, social care and primary care providers and life sciences. Key recent mandates include advising the Department of Health and Social Care on the design, procurement and implementation of the Future Operating Model project – a system governing over £5bn annual NHS spend – and supporting a US hospital group on the planned opening of a new London site. Jill Mason leads the group and is supported by public law specialist Dawn Brathwaite, while Rhian Vandrill focuses on NHS reforms and commercial relationships between NHS and the private sector. Natalie Wade and Peter Wainman are also of note for M&A transactions and technology contracts.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Human resources > Employment
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Human resources > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Human resources > Pensions
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Property litigation