Christian Bull > Mills & Reeve LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
78-84 COLMORE ROW
- Go to...
The Birmingham office’s lead real estate-education lawyer helping with the property needs of a range of education clients from the higher, further, academies, studio schools and university technical colleges sectors. Also the Birmingham real estate lead on helping commercial property organisations and businesses with the legal aspects of their estate. Specialises in all areas of real estate law in England and Wales for education institutions and companies. Christian is Mills & Reeve’s North America desk.
Trainee solicitor, Pinsent Masons LLP. Mills & Reeve LLP since 2002.
Princethorpe College; LLB (Hons) Law and Politics, Cardiff University; MA Politics, University of Warwick; Legal Practice Course, Nottingham Law School.
Travel and food and drink.
Mills & Reeve LLP is routinely sought out for their capabilities in education and healthcare sector projects, working with a stellar lineup of universities, colleges, and trusts on big-ticket acquisitions, sales, and development deals. The practice is jointly chaired by Michael Whatley , a health and automotive sector specialist, and Christian Bull , who primarily handles education sector matters. Senior associate Charlotte Morris is also noted. All named lawyers are based in Birmingham.
The varied client base at Mills & Reeve LLP includes major universities, further education colleges, multi-academy trusts, schools and public sector bodies. The team advises on a wide range of matters, such as acquisitions, finance, research misconduct, pensions, charity law, student union issues and freedom of information. Nick Abbott is an experienced employment lawyer who advises on issues including discrimination claims and large scale reorganisations. He co-leads the team with Richard Sykes , who advises education institutions on public and administrative law, education disputes and information governance. Christian Bull is real estate education lawyer whose experience extends to acquisitions and disposals, leasebacks, due diligence, shared services and student accommodation. Principal associate Helen Tringham is another important name who specialises in public law and data protection matters.
- Education - West Midlands > Public sector
- Commercial property: Birmingham - West Midlands > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Property litigation