Kevin Lowe > Mills & Reeve LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
78-84 COLMORE ROW
- Go to...
Kevin leads the corporate tax team at Mills & Reeve and advises on the variety of tax issues that arise for the firm’s private and public sector clients. His experience includes giving tax advice on M&A transactions, venture capital and private equity, reorganisations, outsourcing, setting up in the UK, international transactions, VAT advice, property tax, employment tax and taxes relating to funding transactions.
Trained Eversheds; qualified 1992; solicitor Eversheds 1992-96; associate Eversheds 1996-98; associate Wragge & Co 1998-99; partner Wragge & Co 1999-2012; head of human resouces group Wragge & Co 2004-06; head of tax Wragge & Co 2006-12; partner and head of corporate tax Mills & Reeve 2013 to date; head of corporate/commercial national service line Mills & Reeve 2015 to date. Publications of note: author of tax chapter of now dis-continued Sweet & Maxwell publication ‘Private Equity Transactions’.
Chartered Institute of Taxation; West Midlands Branch (ex-chairman).
Sheffield University (1989 LLB (Hons)); College of Law, Chester (1990).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Mills & Reeve LLP handles the tax aspects of various corporate and commercial ventures for a diverse range of clients active in both the public and private sector. National corporate tax head Kevin Lowe is also a chartered tax advisor, with recent engagements including private equity transactions for clients in the tech sector. Practice co-chair Neil Pearson focuses on social investments, venture capital schemes, and employee share ownership issues. Matthew Short anchors the firm’s real estate tax and charity tax offering, while senior associate Carrie Ferris concentrates on employment tax and share incentives. All named lawyers are based in Birmingham.
- Leading individuals - West Midlands > Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate tax - West Midlands > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Property litigation