Jog Hundle > Mills & Reeve LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
78-84 COLMORE ROW
- Go to...
Has over 25 years’ experience in employment law and leads the firm’s health and care sector employment practice. Widely recognised as one of the country’s leading advisers on employment law and practice to the health and care sector, acting for a large number of health bodies including the West Midlands Ambulance Service University NHS Foundation Trust, Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust. Advises on a wide range of employment matters including disciplinary issues and grievances, contractual terms and conditions of very senior managers and clinical staff and complex discrimination and whistleblowing disputes. Is currently advising a number of clients on TUPE and the employment aspects of national reorganisation, acquisitions and mergers, major projects and contracting out of services. Has also advised a number of health bodies in respect of their legal responsibilities under large scale redundancy programmes. Is advising a number of Trusts in respect of doctors’ disciplinary and capability procedures. Regularly provides training on all aspects of employment law and practice.
Trainee solicitor Edwards Geldard 1989-91; solicitor Edwards Geldard 1991-92; solicitor West Midlands Regional Health 1992-93; solicitor The Lewington Partnership 1993-95; partner, 1995-98; partner Mills & Reeve 1998.
Employment Lawyers Association; Trustee King Edward’s High School Trust; Past Governor of the King Edward’s School Foundation; Healthcare People Management Association; Birmingham Law Society’s Employment Committee.
Homelands School, Derby; University of Sheffield (1988 LLB Hons Law); Manchester Metropolitan University (1989 Law Society Finals).
Reading, theatre and family activities.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame) (Leading individuals)
Mills & Reeve LLP‘s healthcare team is noted for its full-service advice on major healthcare projects for NHS Trusts, independent health and care providers, commissioners and national bodies. The team is heavily involved in a number of major public inquiries and has continued its work with a number of central government departments on the response to the Covid-19 pandemic. The last year has seen an increasing focus on supporting care providers on vaccination policies and the establishment of integrated care systems. Jill Mason is head of the national health and care sector team as well as the healthcare law practice. She provides risk management advice to a number of public sector providers, independent sector health clients and NHS commissioners. Duncan Astill is an experienced regulatory lawyer specialising in police and health and safety investigations, while Jog Hundle heads the health and care employment team, advising on matters ranging from reorganisations and mergers, through to staff disputes and discrimination matters.
- Hall of Fame - West Midlands > Employment > Employment
- Leading individuals - West Midlands > Public sector > Health
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Property litigation