Matthew Hansell > Mills & Reeve LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
78-84 COLMORE ROW
- Go to...
Head of private client group at Mills & Reeve, specialising in undertaking estate planning wills and trusts for high-net-worth individuals and entrepreneurs. Acts for three individuals in the top ten of the Midlands Rich List. Winner of the Birmingham Law Society Private Client Lawyer of The Year 2005. On behalf of the private client group at Mills & Reeve accepted the award for the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners ‘UK Regional Legal Team of the Year 2006/2007’.
Trained Manby & Steward; assistant solicitor Ivens & Morton 1985-87; Martineau Johnson 1988-2004 (partner from 1993); partner Mills & Reeve 2004, initially heading up the private client team in Birmingham, becoming national head of private client from 2006. Director, Mills & Reeve Trust Corporation Limited.
Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners; Solicitors for the Elderly; Law Society Capital Taxes Committee.
King Edward VI Grammar School, Stourbridge; University of Wales Institute of Science and Technology, Cardiff (1982 LLB); College of Law, Chester (1983 Solicitors Finals).
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Mills & Reeve LLP has particular strength in advising business owners and wealthy individuals and families, as well as landed estate clients on the full range of estate planning and tax structuring matters, both nationally and internationally. It is also known for its expertise in advising on the creation of family investment companies. John Grundy leads the firm’s owner managed and family businesses team whereas Matthew Hansell acts for some very wealthy individuals on an array of complex matters. Lucy Howard is adept at handling difficult wills and probate disputes as well as trust litigation and other matters spanning court of protection and the removal of trustees and executors.
- Hall of Fame - West Midlands > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - West Midlands > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Property litigation