Nigel Shepherd > Mills & Reeve LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
No.1 Circle Square
3 Symphony Park
- Go to...
Family and matrimonial.
Consultant and former national head of family law for Mills & Reeve; reputation as one of the country’s leading family practitioners; appears regularly in the print and broadcast media. He is a trained but now non-practising collaborative lawyer and practising family law financial arbitrator.
Qualified 1981; Slater Heelis 1981-84; Chafes 1984-93; Lace Mawer 1993-99 (now Berrymans Lace Mawer) ; Addleshaw Booth & Co (now Addleshaw Goddard) 1999-2008; Mills & Reeve LLP 2008 to date. Contributor to ‘Family Law’ and other publications and joint general editor of 2nd edition of the ‘Resolution Family Law Handbook’.
Law Society of England and Wales; Resolution (national chairman 1995-97 and 2016-2018); Manchester Law Society;
Brentwood School; Manchester Polytechnic (now Manchester Metropolitan University) (1978 BA Hons Law with German).
Sport, music (governor of Chethams School of Music, Manchester)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Construction