Mr Niall Innes > Mills & Reeve LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
No.1 Circle Square
3 Symphony Park
- Go to...
Mr Niall Innes
Niall joined Mills & Reeve’s Manchester office as the Northern insurance team leader in January 2010 from Robin Simon LLP in Manchester. Niall took over from Liz Taylor and is responsible for the insurance teams in the Manchester and Leeds offices. Niall is experienced in all types of professional indemnity claims, including claims against solicitors, barristers, accountants, architects, engineers, brokers and IFAs. He deals with claims and regularly gives policy advice to insurers. Niall deals with disciplinary proceedings, and has considerable expertise in matters involving allegations of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty. He has acted in a number of claims against IT professionals, including claims brought in other jurisdictions. He has higher rights of audience in all civil courts.
Trained Weightmans, Liverpool; qualified 1997. Trainee, solicitor, associate Weightmans 1995-2001; solicitor Hammonds 2001-03; associate, partner Weightmans 2003-07; partner Robin Simon LLP 2007-10; partner Mills & Reeve 2010 to date.
Law Society; Manchester Law Society.
Kesgrave High School, Ipswich (1987 O Levels); Farlingaye Sixth Form, Woodbridge (1987-89 A Levels); Humberside University (1989-90 accountancy foundation course credit ); University of Central Lancashire (1990-93 LLB Hons, 2:1); Bristol University (1993-94 LLM Commendation); Nottingham Trent University (1994-95 LPC credit).
Cooking, socialising, family, driving his Morgan 4/4 and an old Landrover.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Mills & Reeve LLP defends claims made against legal professionals, construction professionals and insurance brokers, and collaborates closely with the litigation team. The practice also works on directors and officers claims, as well as acting for insurers on policy coverage issues. Practice head Niall Innes deals with cases brought against legal professionals. Co-head Ben Hardiman specialises in advising clients who are involved in construction disputes and also handles claims for insurance brokers relating to directors and officers policies.
- Leading individuals - North West > Insurance > Professional negligence
- Professional negligence - North West > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Construction