Deborah Clark > Mills & Reeve LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
No.1 Circle Square
3 Symphony Park
- Go to...
Partner and Barrister specialising in estate planning for high net worth individuals, including advising on Wills, trusts, lasting powers of attorney and probate matters. Deborah has particular experience advising clients with business interests where understanding of both corporate and private tax issues is key. Deborah has a national reputation for advising on the design and formation of family investment companies especially when used as an estate planning tool and regularly lectures on this area to accountants, lawyers and financial advisers nationally. She also has significant experience in advising on the transition to employee ownership structures and succession planning.
Tax consultant, KPMG 1988-1998; 1998/99 studied at Inns of Court School of Law to qualify as a Barrister; Tax practitioner/Associate Wragge & Co 1999-2006; May 2006 to date, Mills & Reeve; partner 2012.
Chartered Institute of Tax, Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners, Association of Taxation Technicians, Chairman of the STEP Manchester Branch
Northampton High School for Girls, Staffordshire University (part-time evening) (1998 LLB)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Mills & Reeve LLP advises ultra-high-net-worth families and entrepreneurs on succession and tax planning, as well as wills, complex estates and trusts, and lasting powers of attorney. The team is noted for its niche expertise in business succession issues and FICs. Manchester team leader Deborah Clark is a key contact regarding estate planning and FICs, while private client team leader Zahra Siddiqui covers tax efficient protective wills and trust structures. Charlotte Shaughnessy was promoted to principal associate in 2021 and focuses on wills, tax and estate planning, and business succession issues. Associate Rebecca Minto advises on capacity and elderly client issues. Anna Moore is another key contact.
- Leading individuals - North West > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - North West > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Construction