Deborah Clark > Mills & Reeve LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
1 NEW YORK STREET
- Go to...
Partner and Barrister specialising in estate planning for high net worth individuals, including advising on Wills, trusts, lasting powers of attorney and probate matters. Deborah has particular experience advising clients with business interests where understanding of both corporate and private tax issues is key. Deborah has a national reputation for advising on the design and formation of family investment companies especially when used as an estate planning tool and regularly lectures on this area to accountants, lawyers and financial advisers nationally. She also has significant experience in advising on the transition to employee ownership structures and succession planning.
Tax consultant, KPMG 1988-1998; 1998/99 studied at Inns of Court School of Law to qualify as a Barrister; Tax practitioner/Associate Wragge & Co 1999-2006; May 2006 to date, Mills & Reeve; partner 2012.
Chartered Institute of Tax, Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners, Association of Taxation Technicians, Chairman of the STEP Manchester Branch
Northampton High School for Girls, Staffordshire University (part-time evening) (1998 LLB)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The Mills & Reeve LLP team in Manchester is headed up by Deborah Clark, who is recognised in the region for advising high and ultra-high-net-worth individuals, business owners and entrepreneurs on estate planning matters and the design and implementation of family investment companies. The team, which also includes the vastly experienced Tony Hall and trust specialist Zahra Siddiqui, also advises on succession issues, including those with a cross-border element. Another name to note is senior associate Charlotte Shaughnessy, who has experience acting for high-value estates.
- Leading individuals - North West > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - North West > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Construction