Caroline Hanratty > Mills & Reeve LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
No.1 Circle Square
3 Symphony Park
- Go to...
Caroline is based in the Manchester office of Mills & Reeve. She has considerable experience in all areas of commercial property work ranging from industrial, retail, residential and leisure developments to landlord and tenant work, pension fund acquisitions and property finance. She specialises in development work (including option agreements, conditional contracts, development agreements, planning promotion agreements and joint ventures) with particular expertise in hotel and residential development. Her clients include Marick Capital, Topland Group, Persimmon Homes, Urban&Civic, Bridge Properties and Bluemantle Limited. Caroline’s current projects include hotel developments in London and Manchester and two large mixed-use developments in Lancashire.
Trained Cobbetts; qualified 1994; trainee solicitor Cobbetts 1992-94; solicitor Cobbetts 1994-98; senior Manager Andersen Legal 1998-2002; associate George Davies 2003-08; partner George Davies 2008-13; partner Mills & Reeves LLP 2013 to date.
Test Valley School, Hampshire; Manchester University (1991 LLB (Hons)); Manchester Metropolitan University (1992 Law Society Finals).
Family, camping, running, gym and cooking for friends.
With a growing client base, the Manchester real estate practice at Mills & Reeve LLP is led by eminent commercial property lawyer Mike Edge and noted for its ‘flexible and pragmatic approach’. Edge can draw on 30 years of experience of acting for developers, investors, institutions and occupiers, while key practitioner Caroline Hanratty contributes experience in hotel development. Associate Hannah Cheminais continues to play a key role on the team, as does associate Jennifer Lewis, specialising in the health and education sectors.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Construction
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery