Sandra Morrison > Mills & Reeve LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
No.1 Circle Square
3 Symphony Park
- Go to...
Sandra is a dual qualified Solicitor/Rechtsanwӓltin (England and Germany).
In her English practice she is a dispute resolution lawyer. She advises national and international corporate and individual clients across a wide range of industries and sectors on a wide variety of contractual and commercial disputes.
In her German practice, she is part of the firm’s International Sector Group’s European Desk, with a particular emphasis on Germany due to her background. She deals with a wide spectrum of work from German corporates, individuals and professionals with English law issues and English clients with German law issues, spanning across all departments within the firm.
Due to her background, she has an authentic and deep understanding of UK and German business practices and cultures, which provides instant credibility with German clients and their legal advisers and aids good communication, making her a very effective cross border communicator.
Sandra is “very able and runs commercial cases excellently” The Legal 500 2018
“Sandra grapples with issues quickly” The Legal 500 2017
Pannone & Partners – Trainee (1995 – 1997), Solicitor (1997 – 2002)
George Davies Solicitors LLP – Solicitor (2002 – 2204), Associate (2004 – 2013)
Mills & Reeve LLP – Principal Associate (since 2013)
Committee member of the German British Chamber of Industry & Commerce (Northwest Region); British German Jurists Association; British German Association; German Bar Association in GB (Deutscher Anwaltsverein in GB).
Johannes Gutenberg Universität, Mainz (Germany); University of Manchester (LLB); College of Law, Chester (Diploma in Legal Practice); Deutsche Anwalt Akademie, Bonn (Germany).
1997 – Admitted as Solicitor
2000 – Admitted as Rechtsanwältin (German lawyer)
Mills & Reeve LLP handles a full range of contractual and corporate litigation with particular experience in food, agribusiness, sport, charity and private wealth disputes. Richard Dawson-Gerrard, who is popular among food, agribusiness and pharmaceuticals clients, and Simon Pedley, who is experienced in the sports and charity sectors, jointly lead the practice. The group frequently handles cross-border work, with particular experience in German disputes, for which principal associate Sandra Morrison (who is dual-qualified in England and Germany) is the key contact.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Construction
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery