Dr Gregory Laming > Mills & Reeve LLP > Norwich, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
1 St James Court
- Go to...
Dr Gregory Laming
Gregory has a wide experience acting for individuals in relation to wills, tax and trust matters, including Court of Protection work. Much of his work has involved creating solutions to tax planning problems and giving detailed inheritance tax, income tax and capital gains tax advice in both the onshore and offshore arenas, and more recently in relation to the pre-owned assets charge. Gregory’s recent work includes advising shareholders in a large property investment company on tax and succession planning, wealthy land owners on structuring their wills and property interests to maximise available inheritance tax reliefs, the trustees of farm land how to minimise their tax exposure on the sale for residential development and giving detailed offshore trust advice.
Trainee solicitor Slaughter and May 1997-99; solicitor Withers 1999-2000; solicitor Mills & Reeve 2000-03; senior solicitor 2003-04; associate 2004-06; partner 2006.
University of Manchester (1990 Joint Hons Chemistry and Physics with Mathematics First Class); Trinity College, Cambridge (1994 PhD Computational Chemistry).
Mills & Reeve LLP ‘always provides first class advice‘ and clients are ‘confident that, whatever the issue, there will be someone who will be able to deal with any query‘. Norwich is a key hub for the firm-wide private client practice, which handles both domestic and cross-border matters. ‘We have the highest regard for her assessment of our situation, and the advice she has given has stood the test of time‘, says a client of practice head Lauren Parker. Senior partner Justin Ripman continues to provide strategic advice to landed estates across the UK. Gregory Laming frequently advises wealthy individuals in the UK and internationally with foreign domiciles and residence status. The ‘hardworking, knowledgeable and personable‘ Virginia Edgecombe and associate Emma Bowers are ‘detailed, efficient, realistic and very supportive at what has been a very trying time‘. Senior associate Alexandra Clark and principal associate Elizabeth Field also play key roles in the practice.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Health and safety
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Employment > Health and safety