Greg Gibson > Mills & Reeve LLP > Norwich, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
1 St James Court
- Go to...
Partner in the commercial services group, advising on commercial contracts, outsourcing, competition law, media and entertainment and sport. Clients include Aviva plc, the Financial Services Authority, Group Lotus and Warner Bros.
Trainee solicitor Allen & Overy 1994-96; solicitor 1996-99; in-house lawyer United News & Media plc 1999-2001; in-house lawyer Warner Bros 2001-02; solicitor Mills & Reeve 2002-05; partner 2005 .
French, Spanish, Portuguese.
Hayes School; University of Durham (1991 BA Joint Hons French and Spanish); College of Law, Guildford (1993 CPE; 1994 Diploma in Legal Practice).
Reading, cinema, and kite-buggying.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Mills & Reeve LLP has ‘an excellent blend of commercial experience, pragmatism and efficiency in getting deals done‘. The Norwich office is a key pillar of the firm’s national practice, which frequently handles cross-border transactions. In 2020, the firm handled deals involving the US, China, India, Australia and numerous European jurisdictions. The ‘very personable, extremely knowledgable‘ Craig Hodgson leads on corporate transactions and Greg Gibson on commercial matters. Head of the Norwich office James Hunter and health sector specialist Natalie Wade also play key roles in the practice. Senior associate Christina O’Brien stands out for private equity and healthcare transactions.
Mills & Reeve LLP has a sports practice that is ‘knowledgeable and quick to respond‘ and clients note that the firm is ‘good at finding solutions and helping execute a plan‘. In Cambridge, lead partner Chris Belcher advises athletes and their families on tax matters as well as trusts and estates, and principal associate Richard Plaistowe assists athletes and sports bodies on image rights issues. In Norwich, commercial IP and IT partner Greg Gibson has expertise in the media sector, having worked at ITV and Warner Bros.
- Corporate and commercial: Norwich - East Anglia > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Media, entertainment and sport - East Anglia > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector