Nick Stone > Mills & Reeve LLP > Norwich, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
1 St James Court
- Go to...
Partner and National Head of Family Law
Nick trained at Mills & Reeve, qualified in 1995 and became Partner in 2002. Nick is a sought-after negotiator, arbitrator and mediator, specialising in complex financial cases, as well as cohabitation disputes and private Children Act proceedings.
Nick lectures on family law matters and has co-authored various publications, including ‘Drawing the Lines – A Guide to Family Agreements’ (Morrow & Co, 2020), ‘Counting the Cost of Cohabitation’ (Morrow & Co, 2017), ‘Divorce and the Family Business’ (Morrow & Co, 2014), ‘Divorce and the Farm’ (Morrow & Co, 2009) and ‘Debt and Insolvency on Family Breakdown’ (Jordans, 2003).
Nick is a member of Resolution, the network of family justice professionals dedicated to constructive ways of working, where he sits in the Skills & Support Working Party.
Nick is a trained collaborative lawyer and mediator and is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
College of Law; University of East Anglia; St Edmund’s Catholic School
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
The family law practice at Mills & Reeve LLP is ‘utterly professional, exactly what you would hope to find in any highly respected legal firm‘. It is ‘the go-to premier regional firm – a truly London service with regional specialist knowledge‘. ‘The epitome of professionalism‘, Nick Stone is the lead partner in Norwich and head of the firmwide family and children practice. Also in Norwich, principal associate Frances Bailey is ‘highly pragmatic, professional and approachable‘, while senior associate and chair of the local Resolution committee Naomi Shelton provides ‘sympathy of touch married with a solution focused overview‘. Caitlin Jenkins is the lead partner in Cambridge and is ‘super-numerate and skilled in all aspects of family law‘. She is supported by principal associates Hannah Wilson and Rachel Brand, and senior associate Ania Tarasiewicz.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Health and safety
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Employment > Health and safety