Richard Hanson > Mills & Reeve LLP > Norwich, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
1 St James Court
- Go to...
Real estate disputes.
Richard is a partner in the specialist real estate disputes team. He has been involved in a number of complex property disputes for investors/landlords, developers, occupiers/retailers, educational and public sector clients both in giving advice and taking matters to court/arbitration.
Trained CMS Cameron McKenna; partner Eversheds LLP 2007-11; partner Mills & Reeve LLP 2011.
Property Litigation Association.
University of Birmingham.
Cycling (cycled the length of Vietnam, through Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, from John O’Groats to Land’s End and from Norwich to Korcula (in Croatia)) running, triathlons/duathlons, music (own a number of bass guitars), and wine.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
‘As a whole, the firm successfully combines the heft of a nationwide operation with the accessibility and responsiveness of a local firm‘, says a client of Mills & Reeve LLP. Richard New leads the firm-wide practice from Norwich and frequently advises on interpretation and construction of clauses and contracts, and strategic landlord and tenant issues. National head of real estate Richard Hanson in Norwich continues to be involved in contentious matters. Special counsel James Hordern in Norwich ‘has a calm presence which gives confidence and provides excellent advice‘. Also in Norwich, senior associate Chris Brand ‘has a top-class mind and is an astute strategist‘. Principal associate Samuel Maw, who joined from Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP, is noted for disputes involving utilities and development projects. Norwich-based principal associate Julian Steed is known for property disputes in the agricultural sector.
With ‘a massive depth of skills across the practice‘, Mills & Reeve LLP‘s Manchester real estate team is led by ‘tremendously experienced‘ property lawyer Mike Edge, whilst the wider national practice is headed by Richard Hanson in Norwich. Rachel Pitman regularly advises local authorities on numerous development schemes; Jennifer Lewis specialises in public sector real estate with a focus on health and education, and Hannah Cheminais works with occupiers and private investors in the region.
- Hall of Fame - East Anglia > Real estate > Property litigation
- Property litigation - East Anglia > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Health and safety
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Employment > Health and safety