Virginia Edgecombe > Mills & Reeve LLP > Norwich, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
1 St James Court
- Go to...
Virginia has specialised in private tax law since 2003. Her focus is on estate planning including wills, trusts, inheritance and capital gains tax planning, the administration of estates and trusts and powers of attorney. She acts for a wide variety of clients including owners of landed estates, entrepreneurs and professionals, with assets in the UK and overseas. Recent work includes administering an estate valued at over £60m comprising agricultural land, residential property, business property (both companies and partnerships) and heritage property.
Trainee solicitor Travers Smith 1993-95; solicitor 1995-2003 (specialising in occupational pensions); solicitor Mills & Reeve 2003-09; associate 2009-12; partner 2012.
Probate section of Law Society.
New Hall School, Chelmsford; University of Edinburgh (1991 MA (Hons) Classical and Medieval Latin).
Family and friends, skiing, walking, travel, honorary solicitor of Friends of Norwich Museum and trustee of Norfolk Community Foundation.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Mills & Reeve LLP ‘always provides first class advice‘ and clients are ‘confident that, whatever the issue, there will be someone who will be able to deal with any query‘. Norwich is a key hub for the firm-wide private client practice, which handles both domestic and cross-border matters. ‘We have the highest regard for her assessment of our situation, and the advice she has given has stood the test of time‘, says a client of practice head Lauren Parker. Senior partner Justin Ripman continues to provide strategic advice to landed estates across the UK. Gregory Laming frequently advises wealthy individuals in the UK and internationally with foreign domiciles and residence status. The ‘hardworking, knowledgeable and personable‘ Virginia Edgecombe and associate Emma Bowers are ‘detailed, efficient, realistic and very supportive at what has been a very trying time‘. Senior associate Alexandra Clark and principal associate Elizabeth Field also play key roles in the practice.
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich - East Anglia > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Health and safety
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Employment > Health and safety