Rachel Higgs > Mills & Reeve LLP > Norwich, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
1 St James Court
- Go to...
Head of commercial disputes team, Norwich. Specialises in complex and high value contract disputes, civil fraud, injunctive work, breach of warranty claims, partnership and shareholder disputes and claimant professional negligence, with a niche specialism in restrictive covenant/breach of confidence cases. Rachel is a qualified mediator and has extensive experience of mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. Current cases include a £30m claim for professional negligence and a £7m claim for breach of contract.
Solicitor Mills & Reeve 1984-90; partner Mills & Reeve 1990. Director, The Forum Trust.
Norwich Businesswomen’s Network; ADR Group Accredited Mediator.
King Edward VI Camphill School for Girls, Birmingham; University of Nottingham (1981 LLB Hons Law); Nottingham Law School (1997 LLM Advanced Litigation).
Family, food, current affairs, cinema and reading.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Mills & Reeve LLP‘s Norwich office plays a pivotal role in the firm’s national regulatory, public and commercial disputes practice. ‘They instill confidence, are easy to reach and discuss matters with and always try to progress and complete issues in as non-confrontational way as circumstances permit‘, remarks clients. The firm handles contentious matters for regional, national and international clients in the financial services, food and beverage, life sciences, technology, automotive, energy, government, health and education sectors with a particular focus on mid-market corporates. Lead partner Rachel Higgs is ‘a star of the provincial litigation market – very bright, very experienced, she applies both intellect and common sense to her clients’ legal problems‘. Associate Abaigh Compton is also recommended.
- Commercial litigation: Norwich - East Anglia > Dispute resolution
- Hall of Fame - East Anglia > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Health and safety
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Employment > Health and safety