Prof Najib Hage-Chahine > Hage-Chahine Law Firm > Beirut, Lebanon > Lawyer Profile
Hage-Chahine Law Firm Offices
MOHANNA BUILDING, 2ND FLOOR
HAZMIEH - GARDENIA
- Go to...
Prof Najib Hage-Chahine
As the Managing Partner of Hage-Chahine Law Firm, Najib Hage-Chahine oversees all aspects of its operations and its educational initiatives for younger attorneys.
He has supervised the recent restructuring of the firm that aimed to introduce the use of cutting edge legal technology and implement a new system for the delivery of legal services.
Najib Hage-Chahine is a dual-qualified lawyer in Lebanon and France.
He holds the prestigious title of Agrégé of the French Faculties of Law which is the highest academic recognition that is bestowed upon French Law Practitioners and is a Professor of Private Law at the Faculty of Law and Political Sciences at Saint-Joseph University in Beirut and a Visiting Professor at Université Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas in Paris.
He currently serves as the President of the Lebanese International Arbitration Center of the Beirut Bar Association.
He is routinely solicited to handle complex cross border disputes and international business transactions. He often acts for foreign companies who aim to do business in the Middle East and handles incorporation, acquisitions, commercial contracts, closing down of subsidiaries and establishing joint ventures. He also provides in-depth legal consultations on comparative law and regional compliance.
As an experienced litigator and a listed arbitrator, he specializes in domestic and international disputes arising out of a contract. His expertise encompasses cross-border enforcement of court decisions and arbitral awards as well as investor-state dispute settlements. He is well-versed in issues of sovereign immunity and emanation of state and has demonstrated the ability to deliver indisputable results in matters involving foreign governments and international institutions.
Najib Hage-Chahine has earned a PHD in Private Law from Université Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas, a LL.M. from Harvard Law School, a Master 2 in Private Law from Saint-Joseph University, a Master 2 in Criminal Law from Lyon 3-Jean Moulin University, a Master 1 in Business Law from Lyon 3-Jean Moulin University and a LLB in Lebanese Law from Saint-Joseph University.
His expertise has been recognized globally and reflected in leading legal directories. He was recently recognized as the Young Lawyer of the Year and as a finalist for Managing Partner of the Year in the 2021 & 2022 editions of the Thomson Reuters ALB Middle East Legal Awards.
In 2021, Najib Hage-Chahine became the first Lebanese Lawyer to be recognized as a Global Leader in Commercial Litigation by Who’s Who Legal.
In 2022, he was named by Thomson Reuters ALB as one of MENA Super 50 Lawyers.
He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitration (FCIArb) and a member of several prominent international arbitration organisations.
He has numerous publications in the fields of Alternative Dispute Resolution, Arbitration, Civil Law, Contract law, Commercial Law, Private International Law, Mediation, and Tort Law. He has published one of the most comprehensive legal studies on international commercial agencies in the Arab Countries and has written an award-winning PHD thesis in Private Law.
He is fluent in Arabic, French and English.
Najib Hage-Chahine currently serves as the President of the Harvard Alumni Association of Lebanon (HUAAL).
Arabic, English, French
- Member of the Beirut Bar Association
- Member of the Paris Bar Association
- President of the Lebanese and International Arbitration Center of the Beirut Bar Association
- President of the Harvard Alumni Association of Lebanon (HUAAL)
- Listed Arbitrator at the Saudi Center of Commercial Arbitration (SCCA)
- Listed Arbitrator at the Centre d’arbitrage du Groupement Inter-patronal du Cameroun (GICAM)
- Listed Arbitrator at the Lebanese Arbitration and Mediation Centre (LAMC)
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitration (FCIArb)
- Member of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Member of the Comité Français de l’Arbitrage (CFA)
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member of the Union Internationale des Avocats (UIA)
- Member of the Dubai International Arbitration Center (DIAC 40)
- Member of the Arab Association of International Arbitration (AAIA)- Has represented the Arab Association of International Arbitration at the 67th session of the Second Working Group of UNCITRAL
- Member of the Institut International de Droit d’Expression et d’Inspiration Française (IDEF-Liban)
- Member of the Association Henri Capitant des Amis de la Culture Juridique Française
- Editorial Board Member of Al Adl Law Review
- Agrégation of Private Law and Criminal Sciences- French Faculties of Law
- PHD in Private Law- Université Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas
- LL.M. Harvard Law School
- Master 2 in Private Law – Saint-Joseph University (Beirut)
- Master 2 in Criminal Law – Lyon 3 Jean Moulin University (Lyon)
- Master 1 in Business Law – Lyon 3 Jean Moulin University (Lyon)
- LL.B. in Lebanese Law – Saint-Joseph University (Beirut)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Hage-Chahine Law Firm has a long-standing history of winning landmark inheritance cases, corporate disputes and cases involving commercial agencies and franchises. Following the August 2020 blast in Beirut, the firm is active in a special working group created by the Beirut Bar Association tasked with handling over 1400 claims for damages. Founding partner Fayez Hage-Chahine is a distinguished litigator and arbitrator, while Najib Hage-Chahine is ‘an exceptional lawyer with a powerful sense of business objectives and priorities’. He is noted for investor-state disputes, issues of sovereign immunity and emanation of state and in matters involving foreign governments and international institutions.