Miss María Alejandra Quintana Gallardo > Caro & Asociados > Lima, Peru > Lawyer Profile
Caro & Asociados Offices
Av. Víctor Andrés Belaunde N°370
- Go to...
Miss María Alejandra Quintana Gallardo
DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND LITIGATION
Head of the Dispute Resolution and litigation department
Lawyer with 9 years of experience in professional practice. Currently, she is the Director of the Dispute Resolution and Litigation Area at Caro & Asociados, where she has led several corporate litigation cases and settlement negotiations. She teaches classes in specialization programs, publish in specialized legal journals, and is a guest speaker at various legal events.
Graduated from the University of San Martín de Porres. She has a master’s degree in Transnational Business Law and Business Legal Advice from IE Law School. Specialized in the US Corporate Law & Governance Program at New York University, in Compliance and Good Practices at the University of the Pacific. Specialized in Negotiation at Harvard University, in Contracts with the State and Public-Private Partnerships at ESAN University, and in Political Science and International Relations at New York University. Member of the International Young Democrat Union (IYDU).
She worked at the Odebrecht company for over six years, where she was responsible for the Contractual Program at Odebrecht Infrastructure (August 2014 – August 2016), provided legal support in administrative law, conducted the processes initiated by the Comptroller General of the Republic. Besides, at Odebrecht she had experience with:
• Mergers and acquisitions: Preparation and negotiation of acquisitions of subsidiaries of the Odebrecht Group. Conducted Due Diligence processes.
• Project Finance: Preparation and negotiation of project financing contracts with investment banks and other investors.
• Arbitration: Design of strategies for investment and commercial arbitrations in processes for more than USD 250 million. Participation in all phases of arbitrations, including interviews with witnesses, experts, hearings, regarding deficiencies, cost overruns, delays, and contractual interpretation and resolution.
Other experience. -Participated in the following representative transactions throughout her career in the following matters:
• Lawyer of the contract area of the Project “Vía Costa Verde Callao” against the Regional Government of Callao. (2015-2016)
• Lawyer of the contract area of the Project “Vía Evitamiento de Cusco” against the Regional Government of Cusco. (2014)
(II) Public-Private Partnerships:
• Lawyer of the Contract Area in the bidding for the “Lima Metro – Line 2” Project, with an estimated investment of USD 4.3 billion (June 2013 – March 2014).
(III) EPC and turnkey construction contracts
• Lawyer of the commercial area for the “Lima Metro – Line 1 section 2” Project (February 2012 -June 2013)
Member of the Asociación Peruana de Compliance.