Aditi Verma Thakur > Ediplis Counsels > Bangalore, India > Lawyer Profile
Ediplis Counsels Offices
G1 (Ground Floor), Building No. 1542/A
28th Cross, 28th Main
Banashankari 2nd Stage, Bangalore
- Go to...
Aditi Verma Thakur
Intellectual Property Law,
IP Enforcement and Defence,
Commercial and Transactional IP,
IT Law and data protection
Aditi Verma Thakur is a seasoned intellectual property lawyer and advisor and focuses on soft and commercial IP matters. She is well-regarded in the IP domain for her versatile practice. She has to her credit years of diverse experience in advising on contentious and non-contentious aspects of IP subjects, and on intricate corporate and commercialization aspects of IP and related rights.
Her practice extends to conducting IP due diligences and audits, open-source audits, structuring IP acquisitions, and conducting risk analysis about IPs. She often consults on IP commercialisation aspects, such as, license arrangements, technology transfers and licenses, joint ventures and collaborations, work-for-hire arrangements, development arrangements, etc. She has been advising clients for their domain acquisition requirements and has successfully handled domain disputes before the WIPO and .IN Registry (NIXI). She strategically counsels in relation to privacy rights around personal data and sensitive personal information, intermediary liabilities, safe harbour rules, and take down actions under the Information Technology Act. She has also advised clients for customs recordation of their IP rights as part of their anti-counterfeiting campaigns.
Before joining Ediplis, Aditi expanded and spearheaded the IP Practice of a tier 1 national law firm for around 7 years where she has been awarded with many accolades in her tenure. In the career spanning more than 13 years, she had also been associated with other celebrated corporate and IP firms in India as their senior IP member.
Some of her achievements include her recognition as:
- Recognized as one of ‘Top 15 IP Lawyers across Asia’ for 2021 by Asian Legal Business of Thompson Reuters;
- Named in ‘Top IP Lawyers’ India list for 2021 by the ALB India magazine of Thompson Reuters;
- Identified as one of ‘Top 100 IP Lawyers in India’ by Asia IP, for 2020 and 2021;
- Named as ‘Trade Mark Star 2021’ for India by IP STARS;
- ‘Next Generation Partner’ for IP by the Legal 500, in their 2020 and 2021 India Editions;
- ‘Leading Individual: Prosecution and Strategy’ by the World Trademark Review, in their WTR 1000 India Tables of 2020 and 2021;
- ‘Highly Recommended’ Trademark Lawyer by the Leaders League, in their 2021 Edition;
- Recommended for IP by Asialaw Profiles 2021;
- Named in ‘Top 15 IP Lawyers in India’ list for 2020 by ALB India magazine of Thompson Reuters;
- Recommended for IP in RSG India Report 2019; and
- Recommended for Trademarks by IP Stars in the years 2017 and 2018.
International Publication houses while recommending her for IP recorded the following testimonials, including client testimonials:
- “…Aditi Verma Thakur specialises in trademark and copyright enforcement and defence actions…” – Legal 500, 2021
- “Always available and has a clear explanation for all things.” – Asialaw, 2021
- “Described as ‘very experienced and practical’ in all matters relating to trademarks; and recommended for helping craft an overarching strategy as well as defending IP claims.” – RSG India Report, 2019
She has also served as a guest faculty for intellectual property subjects at premier law schools in the country and has made contributions towards several national and international publications.
The Bar Council of India
Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
BA. LL.B. (Hons.) (Gold Medalist) from Devi Ahilya University
LL.M. (IPR) from National Law University Jodhpur
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
A relatively young firm, Ediplis Counsels is spearheaded by the seasoned Nishant Kewalramani who is valued for ‘brainstorming IP strategy‘ with clients. A patent and trade mark attorney, his experience also extends to media law. The team assists clients on patent and trade mark protection – this includes freedom to operate searches and comparative advertising matters. Also a founding partner, Ashima Chalia leads on IP transactions and strategic alliances; she is also focused on pro bono work for female entrepreneurs. Senior partner and a ‘top choice‘ for IP, Aditi Verma Thakur joined the team from IndusLaw in June 2021. She has a broad practice that spans IP due diligence and audits, acquisitions, joint ventures and licensing transactions, in addition to data privacy cases. Senior associates in the team include patents expert Neha Balekundri and Rohini Kumar, an IP litigator. Lawyers are based primarily in Bangalore with an office in Mumbai.
- Leading individuals - India > Intellectual property > Intellectual property
- Intellectual property - India > Intellectual property