Mr Ivan Kasynyuk > AGA Partners > Kiev, Ukraine > Lawyer Profile
AGA Partners Offices
Kuznetskyi Business Center
16/64 Fedorova St.
- Go to...
Mr Ivan Kasynyuk
Dispute resolution, International trade
Ivan Kasynyuk is a Partner at AGA Partners. Ivan specializes in consulting in the area of international trade, and representing clients’ interests in international commercial arbitrations of GAFTA, FOSFA and LMAA. His extensive practice in the field of English and international law allows him to represent clients’ interests in the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), the International Arbitration Court at the ICC, Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, and International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ICAC).
Ivan Kasynyuk started his professional career in 2005 at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine. Before joining AGA Partners in 2009 he also held the position of the judge assistant in one of the district courts of Kiev and worked as a senior lawyer at Obolon brewery, one of the major Ukrainian corporations. Ivan has been admitted to the Bar since 2012.
English, Ukrainian, Russian
- International Bar Association
- Arbitration Practitioner of the Vienna International Arbitral Centre (VIAC)
- Arbitrator of the Ukrainian Arbitration Association
- Member of Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG) of London Court of International Arbitration.
- Member of the Board of the Committee on Agricultural Law of the Ukrainian Bar Association
- Founding member of GAFTA Black Sea Region Trade Committee
- Kiev City Bar Association
- Ukrainian National Bar Association
- Queen Mary University of London, Great Britain. Comparative International Commercial Arbitration, 2017-2019
- Master of Laws (with honors), 2005. Yaroslav Mudryi National Law University (Kharkiv, Ukraine)
- Eberhard Karl University (Tuebingen, Germany), training courses 2001, 2002
AGA Partners, which reformed after merging with Avellum in 2018, acts for some of the largest Ukrainian companies involved in cross-border trade (among them Fatexpro LLC and Agro Metal FZCO). It is particularly strong in the agricultural sector, where it handles international commodities arbitration. Litigation partners Iryna Moroz and Aminat Suleymanova co-head the practice with Ivan Kasynyuk.
AGA Partners, which merged with Avellum in 2018, separated from the firm in 2020 (although both firms continue the relationship as an alliance). The firm is acknowledged as ‘the best‘ in international commodities arbitration, and its dispute resolution practice is mainly focused on matters of international trade. Nevertheless, its arbitration group (which is led by Aminat Suleymanova, Iryna Moroz and Ivan Kasynyuk) continues to extend its scope to investment and general commercial matters.