Maya Sushila > Moore Barlow > Southampton, England > Lawyer Profile
Moore Barlow Offices
- Go to...
Maya is a partner in the firm’s medical negligence team, helping clients with complex claims resulting from substandard healthcare and medical practices.
As a medical negligence specialist, her clients are those who have sustained orthopaedic, gynaecological, obstetric or brain injuries, often with life changing or catastrophic results. She also has a particular interest in handling cases of cauda equina syndrome. Her clients are often concerned initially about the complexity of the claims process, so she makes sure she guides them through the legal maze and gives them the clarity they need to feel reassured and confident.
Maya is approachable and open with her clients and takes the time to get to know them and understand their concerns. She knows that the legal process can be daunting, so she makes it a priority to put clients at ease and let them know that they are in the best possible hands.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Moore Barlow‘s ‘excellent’ clinical negligence team is skilled in handling the most complex catastrophic personal injury and medical negligence matters. Senior partner Damian Horan leads the personal injury team from London with Richmond-based Anne Cassidy overseeing the clinical negligence side. The team was significantly expanded by the recent merger of Moore Blatch and Barlow Robbins – firmwide chairman Helen Goatley is a fellow of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers and a Law Society-accredited clinical negligence specialist, while in Woking, consultant Caroline Flashman is another key figure. The practice regularly handles multimillion-pound brain and spinal injury claims; Matthew Claxson and Fadwa Errhioui are among the key contacts for this. Maya Sushila is recommended for complex gynaecological cases. A standout feature of the practice is its alliance with the specialist spinal cord injury solicitors at Aspire Law. Tim Spring heads the healthcare team and is considered a trailblazer in this field for combining education law, community care and Court of Protection departments.
- Next Generation Partners - South East > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - South East > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Hampshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Public sector
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex