Edward Whittington > Moore Barlow > Southampton, England > Lawyer Profile
Moore Barlow Offices
- Go to...
Edward Whittington is the firm’s managing partner and has overall executive responsibility for Moore Blatch’s business and strategic direction. As a practising lawyer he specialises in rural property; typically acting for property owning families, businesses, trusts and individuals. He has extensive experience in development land, commercial property, farms, landed estates and country homes.
Edward is also a member of the firm’s rural services team which specialises in all aspects of legal advice relating to this sector, including wills and trusts, tax and succession planning, business and partnership arrangements as well as land, property and development transactions.
Agricultural Law Association
The agriculture and estates team at Moore Barlow – the result of the recent merger of Moore Blatch and Barlow Robbins – is known for its advice on private wealth, land development, litigation for landed estates, landowner sales to developers, and agricultural tax and trusts advice. Southampton-based practice leader Sarah Jordan acts for landed estates, race-horse trainers, property investors, and farmers on all aspects of rural property matters. Managing partner Edward Whittington advises farmers and landowners in the sale of land, while rural private wealth head Philip Whitcomb specialises in agricultural succession planning and asset protection. Well-regarded senior associate Charlotte Brackley joined the team as a result of the merger; she is based in the combined firm’s Guildford office.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Hampshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Public sector
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex