Edward Whittington > Moore Barlow > Southampton, England > Lawyer Profile
Moore Barlow Offices
- Go to...
Edward Whittington is the firm’s managing partner and has overall executive responsibility for Moore Blatch’s business and strategic direction. As a practising lawyer he specialises in rural property; typically acting for property owning families, businesses, trusts and individuals. He has extensive experience in development land, commercial property, farms, landed estates and country homes.
Edward is also a member of the firm’s rural services team which specialises in all aspects of legal advice relating to this sector, including wills and trusts, tax and succession planning, business and partnership arrangements as well as land, property and development transactions.
Agricultural Law Association
Moore Barlow offers a broad range of real estate, development and asset management advice to agriculture and estates clients across the South East. Southampton-based rural services head Sarah Jordan is a property specialist, while Lymington-based private wealth head Philip Whitcomb specialises in succession planning, asset protection, wills, tax and farming partnerships. Managing partner Edward Whittington is a Fellow of the Agricultural Law Association – other key names include property specialists Julian Parkes and senior associate Kerry Dovey.
The large team at Moore Barlow works with a variety of landed estates, farmers, private landowners and equestrian businesses. With Sarah Jordan and Philip Whitcomb at the helm, the team advises on diverse issues relating to agricultural property, land development and high-value residential property. Edward Whittington is a Fellow of the Agricultural Law Association. Jordan has extensive experience in all aspects of rural property. Whitcomb specialises in agricultural succession planning, asset protection, farming partnerships and heritage law. Consultant Anita Symington is also well-regarded.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Hampshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Public sector