Katherine Maxwell > Moore Barlow > Southampton, England > Lawyer Profile
Moore Barlow Offices
- Go to...
Katherine is a partner and head of the firm’s employment law team and works from their Richmond and Southampton offices. She advises clients on all aspects of employment law. Her clients range from large corporates to small companies. She also advises individuals including senior executives, directors and senior managers.
Whatever problem they are facing, her business clients know they can rely on Moore Blatch – whether it’s handling boardroom and shareholder disputes, the TUPE issues surrounding a merger, or helping to manage a major redundancy programme.
Katherine, and the employment team, are always on hand to advise on difficult situations involving individual employees, including drafting and negotiating termination packages. Should these cases proceed to tribunal, clients know that they have the backing of one of the most formidable legal teams in the region.
Katherine helps ensure that clients are compliant with ever-changing employment regulations. She helps them implement the right procedures and policies and makes sure they are meeting their employer responsibilities.
She also advises individuals who are facing issues relating to their employment contract, restrictive covenants or redundancy. She advises them on boardroom disputes and provides assistance negotiating exit packages. She provides clients with clear and practical advice tailored to their situation and advises on the best course of action for them.
Katherine leads a team of seasoned employment law experts with a depth of knowledge and experience across all employment-related matters. Their clients know that they are supported by a team of legal heavyweights.
Employment Lawyers’ Association
Moore Barlow‘s employment team services a wide range of industry sectors, with a particular focus on telecoms, tech, advertising, financial services and hospitality. Practice head Katherine Maxwell has experience working with global corporations while Emma Edis , who was recently promoted to the partnership, has built a reputation for TUPE and reorganisations. Naomi Greenwood, whose ‘sensitivity in handling cases’ is praised by clients, offers strategic and tactical advice in high value litigation.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Hampshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Public sector
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex