Damian Horan > Moore Barlow > Southampton, England > Lawyer Profile
Moore Barlow Offices
- Go to...
Damian is the firm’s senior partner and head of personal injury. He is regarded as one of the UK’s leading catastrophic personal injury lawyers, with particular interest in severe brain injury and spinal cord injury. He also has overall responsibility for the firm’s litigation service.
Damian has two key areas of practice which he is passionate about – he helps people with severe brain injuries and spinal cord injuries secure fair compensation for what can be life changing injuries.
Clients with spinal cord injuries are helped through the award-winning Aspire Law – www.aspirelaw.co.uk – a law firm Damian created with leading spinal cord injury charity, Aspire.
Through Moore Blatch, Damian supports adults and children who have suffered severe and life changing brain injuries as a result of someone else’s negligence. He works closely with brain injury charities, most notably Headway and the Child Brain Injury Trust.
He has dealt with a large number of claims on behalf of clients, many claims resulting in seven-figure settlements. His interest has always extended far beyond maximising compensation awards; one of his key priorities has been to enable the effective rehabilitation of his clients.
Damian’s clients come from across the UK and abroad. He also has significant experience acting for clients whose injuries were sustained abroad.
Wherever possible, he aims to obtain interim payments for clients. This enables Damian to put rehabilitation, a care package and suitable accommodation in place at the earliest possible stage and ideally before my client leaves hospital.
Damian is supported by a dedicated team with vast experience of succeeding in complex and high-value brain injury claims. They assemble a partner-led team for every brain injury claim they handle. As each team deals with a small number of cases at any one time, all their clients receive a proactive and personal service. They always aim to secure clients the best possible level of compensation in the shortest time possible. This gives clients peace of mind that their future medical needs and care will be adequately covered.
Court of Protection approved Deputy
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Moore Barlow‘s ‘excellent’ clinical negligence team is skilled in handling the most complex catastrophic personal injury and medical negligence matters. Senior partner Damian Horan leads the personal injury team from London with Richmond-based Anne Cassidy overseeing the clinical negligence side. The team was significantly expanded by the recent merger of Moore Blatch and Barlow Robbins – firmwide chairman Helen Goatley is a fellow of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers and a Law Society-accredited clinical negligence specialist, while in Woking, consultant Caroline Flashman is another key figure. The practice regularly handles multimillion-pound brain and spinal injury claims; Matthew Claxson and Fadwa Errhioui are among the key contacts for this. Maya Sushila is recommended for complex gynaecological cases. A standout feature of the practice is its alliance with the specialist spinal cord injury solicitors at Aspire Law. Tim Spring heads the healthcare team and is considered a trailblazer in this field for combining education law, community care and Court of Protection departments.
Following the merger between legacy Moore Blatch and Barlow Robbins, Moore Barlow‘s ‘very committed and successful‘ personal injury team, is jointly headed by ‘master tactician‘ Damian Horan, who regularly acts on high-value brain and spinal injury claims, and major trauma expert Trevor Sterling. The firm is instructed on some of London’s most high profile cases, including the Westminster Bridge terror attacks and the Croydon tram crash.
- Leading individuals - South East > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - South East > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Hampshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Public sector
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex