Susannah Marsh > Moore Barlow > Southampton, England > Lawyer Profile
Moore Barlow Offices
- Go to...
Banks and lenders
Susannah is an associate in the firm’s banks and lenders team. She assists major lenders and mortgage providers with complex residential and commercial possession claims, property litigation, shortfall claims and debt recovery.
She provides clients with effective solutions and the necessary support and guidance to help them recover their money as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
Susannah provides a level of personal service based on not only legal expertise, but also a detailed understanding of her clients’ business priorities.
The Law society
Association of Short Term Lenders
Moore Barlow‘s commercial dispute resolution team acts for clients in the education, engineering, manufacturing and property sectors, with a particularly strong practice in the insurance arena. David Foster leads the team from Guildford, while Mark Osgood and Claire Haverfield are key contacts in Southampton. Osgood’s experience includes handling internal business disputes, negligence claims and contentious insolvencies, and he has a particular interest in marine law, while Haverfield handles a breadth of matters, with notable experience in IP disputes. Sarah Watley leads the financial services litigation team, and Susannah Marsh handles residential and commercial property matters as well as debt recovery and professional negligence claims. Associate Karina Rafalska has an interest in international arbitration alongside her experience in contract and construction disputes and issues arising from share purchase agreements. The team was recently strengthened by the recruitment of Nichola Gordon-Jones from Blake Morgan LLP, who was subsequently promoted to associate.
Split between Guildford and Southampton, the wider debt recovery and financial services litigation team at Moore Barlow divides itself into a commercial recoveries group and financial services recoveries team. The former, led by Mark Osgood and Daniel Baker, concentrates on assisting clients with the recovery of trade debts, while the latter, led by Susannah Marsh and Sarah Watley, assists lender clients with the recovery of commercial and business debt, mortgage debt, and asset-based lending debt. Osgood, Baker and Marsh lead the wider debt recovery practice.
Moore Barlow‘s South East property litigation offering is split across two teams: the real estate disputes group and financial services litigation practice. Chris Marsden in Southampton heads up the real estate disputes team, and acts for a broad range of clients from landlords and developers to those in the retail and telecoms sectors. Sarah Watley, also in Southampton, leads the financial services litigation team, where her most prominent real estate clients are lenders and mortgage providers. Broadly experienced across commercial and residential matters, Susannah Marsh has a particular focus on complex disputes involving unfair relationships, secret commissions, and bribery issues. Simon Beetham has specialist knowledge of banking and insolvency issues and matters concerning rural and agricultural property, and Zoe Thompson and Gemma Richards, both based in Guildford, are also recommended.
- Commercial litigation: Hampshire - South East > Dispute resolution
- Debt recovery - South East > Dispute resolution
- Property litigation - South East > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Hampshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Public sector