Claire Haverfield > Moore Barlow > Southampton, England > Lawyer Profile
Moore Barlow Offices
- Go to...
Claire is an experienced partner and helps businesses and individuals deal with and find effective resolutions to a wide range of disputes.
Her clients are both businesses and individuals who come to her for advice regarding commercial disputes, professional negligence claims, intellectual property, and disputes arising out of wills, inheritance and trusts.
Businesses of all sizes come to Claire for advice concerning contract disputes, warranty claims and IT disputes. She also advises clients on claims against solicitors or other professionals who have been negligent.
Claire has acted on behalf of clients in relation to intellectual property disputes concerning copyright, patents, trademarks, passing off, and breach of confidence.
She also advises private clients who have disputes arising out of wills, intestacy and trusts. In particular, Claire advises clients on claims against executors/trustees, will validity disputes and claims under the inheritance (provision for family and dependents) act 1975.
Claire provides businesses and individuals with plain speaking advice on the options available to them, advises them on the best way forward, and supports them throughout the process.
Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists
Professional Negligence Lawyers’ Association
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Moore Barlow‘s commercial dispute resolution team acts for clients in the education, engineering, manufacturing and property sectors, with a particularly strong practice in the insurance arena. David Foster leads the team from Guildford, while Mark Osgood and Claire Haverfield are key contacts in Southampton. Osgood’s experience includes handling internal business disputes, negligence claims and contentious insolvencies, and he has a particular interest in marine law, while Haverfield handles a breadth of matters, with notable experience in IP disputes. Sarah Watley leads the financial services litigation team, and Susannah Marsh handles residential and commercial property matters as well as debt recovery and professional negligence claims. Associate Karina Rafalska has an interest in international arbitration alongside her experience in contract and construction disputes and issues arising from share purchase agreements. The team was recently strengthened by the recruitment of Nichola Gordon-Jones from Blake Morgan LLP, who was subsequently promoted to associate.
- Leading individuals - South East > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Commercial litigation: Hampshire - South East > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Hampshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Public sector