Helen Goatley > Moore Barlow > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Moore Barlow Offices
- Go to...
Litigation department, personal injury group, clinical negligence.
Partner acting for claimants in maximum severity personal injury claims and clinical negligence cases. She has achieved a particular reputation for her work on behalf of the victims of brain injury and was for many years the chairman of APIL’s brain injury group. She has had notable successes in heavily disputed cerebral palsy claims.
Trained Allen & Overy; qualified 1990; joined Barlows (now Barlow Robbins LLP) as a newly qualified solicitor; partner 1994. Director Headway, Surrey; chairman of Surrey Acquired Brain Injury Network.
Law Society Personal Injury Panel; Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel.
Vyners School, Ickenham; Durham University (BA (Hons) Law 2(1)).
Music, travel, entertaining, community and charity activities; school governor.
Moore Barlow‘s ‘excellent’ clinical negligence team is skilled in handling the most complex catastrophic personal injury and medical negligence matters. Senior partner Damian Horan leads the personal injury team from London with Richmond-based Anne Cassidy overseeing the clinical negligence side. The team was significantly expanded by the recent merger of Moore Blatch and Barlow Robbins – firmwide chairman Helen Goatley is a fellow of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers and a Law Society-accredited clinical negligence specialist, while in Woking, consultant Caroline Flashman is another key figure. The practice regularly handles multimillion-pound brain and spinal injury claims; Matthew Claxson and Fadwa Errhioui are among the key contacts for this. Maya Sushila is recommended for complex gynaecological cases. A standout feature of the practice is its alliance with the specialist spinal cord injury solicitors at Aspire Law. Tim Spring heads the healthcare team and is considered a trailblazer in this field for combining education law, community care and Court of Protection departments.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Hampshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Public sector
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex