Joanna Lada-Walicki > Moore Barlow > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Moore Barlow Offices
- Go to...
Joanna is a very experienced lawyer. She has particular expertise in advising and guiding independent schools on all areas of employment law as well as parent/school contracts, policies and procedures (including regulatory requirements), child protection and parental complaints. She is a regular speaker at seminars and conferences, runs training programmes and writes articles on a wide range of topics.
Worked for a number of years with Richards Butler (now Reed Smith) in the City and for Charles Russell in Guildford.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Moore Barlow advises independent schools on a wide range of issues, including mental health issues, trade union matters and anti-vaccination protests. Joanna Lada-Walicki advises on complex employment and pastoral issues, including matters related to bullying, sexual misconduct and allegations of abuse. Ben Collingwood advises on SEN, safeguarding and child personal data issues. Gordon Reid focuses particularly on the charity side of education law, including governance, public benefits and reporting serious incidents to the Charity Commission. Associate Adam McRae-Taylor advises on safeguarding and pastoral issues.
Moore Barlow runs a Guildford-based schools and charities practice which advises charities on the full range of matters, drawing on support from the wider firm. The practice is praised for its ‘excellent approach to customer service combined with really strong expertise in the charity sector’. Key names include charities head Gordon Reid and Joanna Lada-Walicki, who heads up the independent schools and charities practice. Associate George Shepherd leads on a range of youth charity cases.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Hampshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Public sector