Dr Sutharm Valaisathien > ILCT Ltd. > Bangkok, Thailand > Lawyer Profile
ILCT Ltd. Offices
175 SATHORN CITY TOWER, SOUTH SATHORN ROAD
- Go to...
Dr Sutharm Valaisathien
Corporate, Foreign Investment & Investment Promotion (BOI), Labour & Immigration, Real Estate & Factory
Executive Director, Senior Partner
Dr. Sutharm Valaisathien, Senior Partner and Executive Director at ILCT, originally graduated in both Law and Diplomacy from a prestigious Thai University. He then graduated in Diplomacy at the Institut International d’Administration Publique in Paris, and as a Doctor of Law at the University of Paris (both programs have been fully sponsored by the French Government). He began his career at the former South East Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO), overseeing the Southeast Asia Collective Defense Treaty (Manila Pact).
Dr. Sutharm switched his career to legal practice and was able to combine his diplomatic training with his lawyering skills to serve his clients and the international business and law communities in Thailand. He specializes in Foreign Business Law and Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), aiding multinational entities to establish their presence in Thailand.
In recognition of his extensive contribution to the international business community, Dr. Sutharm was awarded with several Royal Orders and Decorations, including the Cross of Commander in the order of The Crown (Belgium), the Order of Bernardo ‘O’Higgins in the order of The Commander (Chile) and the Condecoraciones Al Merito Funcionario of being Distinguished Officer for the Ministry of External Relations (Chile). He also acted as the Vice President of Foreign Affairs for the Lawyers Council of Thailand, with jurisdiction and supervision over 100,000 Thai Lawyers nation-wide.
He has been serving as President of The Belgian-Luxembourg/Thai Chamber of Commerce during the past ten years, and he is currently Honorary President of the Chamber.
Among his community development activities, Dr. Sutharm helped bringing the younger generations of lawyers to enter the business law practice.
Thai (Native), English and French (Proficient), Spanish and Chinese (Conversational)
- American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand
- British Chamber of Commerce in Thailand
- Australian Thai Chamber of Commerce
- Canadian Thai Chamber of Commerce
- Honorary President of the Belgian-Luxembourg Thai Chamber of Commerce
- Vice President of Foreign Affairs, Lawyers Council of Thailand
- Thammasat University, Political Science (International Relations) (B.A., 1965)
- Thammasat University, Law (LL.B., 1976)
- Institut International d’Administration Publique, Paris (1969) (under French Government full scholarship)
- Université de Paris (Doctor of Law, 1970) (under French Government full scholarship)