Ariana Caines > Bright Line Law > London, England > Lawyer Profile
BRIGHT LINE LAW Offices
BRIGHT LINE LAW
25 SOUTHAMPTON BUILDINGS
- Go to...
Barrister and Associate
Ariana Caines practises in criminal cases and is developing a specialist financial crime practice.
At Bright Line Law, Ariana works closely with Jonathan Fisher QC and the Bright Line Law team on white-collar crime and financial crime cases.
Before joining Bright Line Law, Ariana completed pupillage at a top London set regularly appearing in the Magistrates’, Youth and Crown Courts. Ariana has demonstrated that she has strong communication skills and advances her submissions in a clear and succinct manner, and her judgment when engaging with clients is impressive.
Ariana has previously worked for multinational bank in Bermuda and completed various in-house training on anti-money laundering compliance, sanctions and KYC procedures. Ariana also has a strong background in policy drafting and worked as a Policy Officer for the Government of Bermuda. She has a special interest in financial crime matters pertaining to cryptoassets.
Ariana accepts instructions in criminal and civil courts and on advisory matters.
- Representing the appellant in an appeal against a wasted costs order in the context of a private prosecution (led)
- Advising foreign fin-tech company on fraud complaint
- Assisting in advice on appeal against conviction for Insolvency Act 1986 offence out of time
- R v PG – Enforcement case, defended activation of a default sentence for a client who had been in enforcement court for almost six (6) years. Submitted that the Client still had a viable asset. Client avoided activation and received three (3) months additional months to realise the asset
- R v LH – Confiscation mention in the Crown Court. Through examination spotted an inaccuracy in the Crown’s s16 statement for overall valuation of the Client’s criminal benefit. The Crown accepted it overvalued the criminal benefit and agreed to serve a s16 statement with a reduced criminal benefit amount
The Hon. Society of the Middle Temple, Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association
LLB (First Class Honours), The University of Buckingham (2017)
Bar Professional Training Course (Very Competent), BPP University (2018)
Call to the Bar of England & Wales (2018)