Mr Jonathan Fisher QC > Bright Line Law > London, England > Lawyer Profile
BRIGHT LINE LAW Offices
BRIGHT LINE LAW
25 SOUTHAMPTON BUILDINGS
- Go to...
Mr Jonathan Fisher QC
Lead Counsel of Bright Line Law
Ranked as a leading barrister in Band 1 for Financial Crime and Proceeds of Crime, Jonathan is also listed as a leading barrister for financial services, fraud and tax cases. Jonathan has been at the Bar for over 30 years and established Bright Line Law in 2016. He practices in dual capacity at Red Lion Chambers.
Recently reported cases
- Ashbolt & Arundell v HMRC  EWHC 1588 (Admin) (judicial review of search warrant issued under PACE 1984 in context of tax investigation)
- Nest International v Deloitte [2019, ongoing]
Dubai International Financial Court of Appeal (power to add a party
in a civil fraud claim involving alleged failure by auditors to satisfy anti- money laundering and counter-terrorist financing compliance standards, ongoing representation of claimants in claim arising out of collapse of Lebanese Canadian Bank).
Recent advisory cases
- Appearing as an expert witness on corruption issues at arbitral proceedings associated with Airbus investigation
- Advising a high-profile oligarch on his vulnerability to an unexplained wealth order based on alleged corruption
- Advising a major US law firm on the submission of a Suspicious Activity Report in the context of a multi-million pound acquisition
- Advising on alleged corruption and fraud matters relating to Northampton Town Football Club, the redevelopment of its stadium and the former Leader of the Town Council
- Advising on alleged corruption arising out of an investigation by Romanian National Anti-corruption Directorate into allegations of complicity by an Israeli billionaire in money laundering, peddling influence and forming an organized crime group
- Advising on money laundering and professional regulatory matters, including remediation, following the disclosure of the Appleby “Paradise” papers
- One of Her Majesty’s Counsel (since 2003)
- Committee Member, International Bar Association
- Anti-Money Laundering Forum (since 2006)
- General Editor, Lloyds Law Reports: Financial Crime (since 2008)
- Legal Panel Member, Accountancy Investigation and Discipline Board, (2006–2008)
- Standing Counsel to Her Majesty’s Commissioners of Inland Revenue (Criminal) at the Central Criminal Court and London Crown Courts, (1991–2003)
- Specialist adviser, UK House of Commons Treasury Committee, advising on civil and criminal enforcement of rules relating to financial services, (2012–2017)
- Trustee, International Senior Lawyers Project (since 2020)
Jonathan Fisher QC is also a Visiting Professor at the London School of Economics where he teaches financial and corporate crime at Masters level. He is a co-author of Arlidge & Parry on Fraud and a book on the Criminal Finances Act 2017 with Anita Clifford. His views on money laundering and financial crime are frequently sought by the media.
The Hon. Society of the Inner Temple, Grays Inn, International Bar Association, Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association, Fraud Advisory Panel