Stephen Baker > Boyes Turner > Reading, England > Lawyer Profile
Boyes Turner Offices
- Go to...
Stephen is a partner in the dispute resolution team with over twenty years’ experience in dealing with a wide variety of commercial litigation disputes, acting for a variety of UK and international companies as well as high net worth individuals. His work encompasses a number of areas from technology sector disputes to product liability claims and from intellectual property to reputational management.
Stephen takes the lead on several areas of the group’s practice and deals with substantial claims in the High court involving multiple issues where an understanding of the client’s business and the underlying issues facing the products or services involved is equally as important as the legal issues in play. He works closely with the firm’s Employment team advising on and dealing with business protection injunctions and reputational matters.
Stephen trained at Boyes Turner and qualified in 1998. He was made partner in present 2020.
Stephen is a member of the Society for Computers and Law and is a CEDR qualified mediator.
Keen club Tennis player, Japanese food and cooking, setting and taking part in quizzes.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Boyes Turner provides ‘City quality advice at non-City prices’ to small local clients and big international companies, especially on issues arising from contractual agreements. Rowan Turrall leads the team and focuses on contested IT matters and construction disputes. Stephen Baker has a broad litigation practice including cases involving technology sector clients, product liability, IP and reputation management.
- Next Generation Partners - South East > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 - South East > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Public sector
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40