Claire Roantree > Boyes Turner > Reading, England > Lawyer Profile
Boyes Turner Offices
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
As a partner in Boyes Turner’s highly regarded personal injury team, Claire acts for clients with life-changing injuries, such as mild to very severe brain injury, spinal injury, amputation, severe burns, complex orthopaedic and musculoskeletal injury, chronic pain and PTSD.
Claire has a specialist interest in acquired brain injury where her focus is on using the claims process to facilitate early intervention and timely, targeted rehabilitation. Claire’s experience with head injured clients has given her invaluable insight into the power of rehabilitation to restore mobility and independence, to assist with a supported return to work and participation in family and social activity, giving clients a sense of purpose and self-worth which all help to maximise the client’s recovery after a life-changing injury.
Graduating from the University of Wolverhampton and then from the College of Law in York Claire first worked in mortgage repossession at DLA Piper. She then received a training contract at Listers where she qualified in 1997. Claire went on to head the PI team at David Yablon eventually moving to become team leader and then partner at Colemans-ctts. During the time she was head of the Serious Personal Injury team with responsibility to set up and run the team Colemans-ctts merged with Simpson Millar, Claire was kept on as head of the team.
She has been a trustee for Headway South West London and Cycle Smart Foundation. She is a Co-founder and director of the Major Trauma Group, a collaboration of law firms and clinicians providing a national service committed to assisting major trauma victims to achieve the best outcome on their rehabilitation and recovery journey, as well as ensuring their financial security in the future.
Claire is a member of the Law Society’s Personal Injury Panel, APIL (Brain Injury Specialist Interest Group), Headway and ABIL (Acquired Brain Injury across London). She also has Senior Litigator accreditation from APIL.
Eating out, skiing, walking, running, going to the theatre and live concerts.
South East > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
Boyes Turner is known as ‘an efficient and empathic firm dealing with complex and substantial cases’. Led by Susan Brown, the clinical negligence group is praised for ‘looking after their clients with great care and sensitivity’. Brown works with Richard Money-Kyrle, senior associate Vanessa Wand and recently promoted partner Julie Marsh. Senior partner Kim Milan leads the personal injury team, which includes Claire Roantree, while Laura Magson heads up the mesothelioma and asbestos group. The firm is described as having ‘mastered the art of making clients feel like they are home and one big family.’
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Public sector
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40