William Nassau-Lake > Boyes Turner > Reading, England > Lawyer Profile
Boyes Turner Offices
- Go to...
William has over 20 years’ experience of advising on a variety of real estate transactions but specialises in acting for house builders, commercial developers, care providers, investors and land traders in connection with the acquisition, disposal and promotion of development sites and has a reputation for being one of the regions’ leading development lawyers.
He also advises on planning and infrastructure agreements, joint venture arrangements and acts for funders and borrower in connection with secured lending.
William is head of the Development & House Building team and also oversees the Plot Sale Group. He also advises high net worth individuals with property affairs.
“William’s enthusiasm for fighting our corner and meeting (and often exceeding) our expectations is a credit to himself and his team. He has played a key role in helping us conclude many transaction transactions and helped with our growth and success”.
Care Provider/London Developer
“William and his team always impress. Their commercial approach combined with a rapid and user-friendly service has enabled us to meet deadlines and secure deals which we would have certainly otherwise missed out on. They are people that just get the job done.”
Qualified in 2002. William developed his expertise at firms in Central London, the West End and the Thames Valley before joining Boyes Turner in 2005. William became a partner in 2013.
His family and when time allows, football, cricket, hockey, golf and skiing.
Boyes Turner is home to a broad real estate practice where the team advises corporate clients on their property portfolios and funding arrangements, and provides a full-service offering, including a dedicated plot-sales team, to commercial and residential developers. Further, the firm advises on niche areas such as offshore trusts, charities, and acts for lenders in general secured funding arrangements. Nick Carter handles commercial property transactions in highly regulated sectors such as telecoms and life sciences, leading the team together with William Nassau-Lake who heads up the firm’s development division. Renowned practitioner Mark Appleton is a specialist in acting for owners, occupiers, and investors in relation to industrial premises and their development. Senior associate Sarah Webb‘s expertise includes residential development matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Public sector
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40