Kate Eavis > Boyes Turner > Reading, England > Lawyer Profile
Boyes Turner Offices
- Go to...
Corporate and commercial, finance
Kate is an experienced corporate lawyer and advises businesses ranging from young technology companies and university spin-outs to more mature businesses on all aspects of company law.
Kate studied law at Girton College, Cambridge. She trained at a large regional firm and qualified in 1992, becoming a partner there in 1998. In 2000, she joined a leading US law firm as a partner and remained there until deciding to take time away from the law to raise a family.
Fell-walking, horse-riding, gardening, playing tennis and table tennis with her children and occasionally playing the cello.
South East > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
A regional office with international reach, Boyes Turner advises foreign and domestic clients, particularly players in the tech and healthcare industry, and has a unique specialism in the water sector, an area of focus for Chris Dobson‘s M&A practice. Former US lawyer Kate Eavis leads the team alongside Mark Blunden and focuses on venture and development capital as well as reorganizations. Blunden heads up the firm’s international practice and has a strong focus on the tech sector.
A go-to firm for software-related issues as well as its general IT practice, Boyes Turner handles both local and international matters, and has an extensive data protection offering. Practice head Mark Blunden frequently leads the EMEA projects of large international tech companies such as the firm’s representation of Culligan International. Complementary to Blunden, Kate Eavis advises on venture capital and M&A transactions in the IT space, whereas Rowan Turrall is an experienced litigator, handling disputes. Highly active associate Helen Dobson brings first-hand experience in the telecoms sector to the practice.
- IT and telecoms - South East > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 - South East > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Public sector
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40