ATLAS LAW PARTNERS > New Delhi, India > Firm Profile
ATLAS LAW PARTNERS Offices
250, Okhla Industrial Estate Phase 3 Rd
ATLAS LAW PARTNERS > The Legal 500 Rankings
India > Corporate and M&A Tier 5
Long-standing clients of ATLAS LAW PARTNERS‘ corporate and M&A practice include Indian and foreign corporates in the renewable energy, real estate and manufacturing industries. The team, which is led by Niti Paul, assists with general M&A deals alongside more complex regulatory issues, government approvals and competition due diligence. Harry Chawla is the go-to partner for private equity transactions.
Other key lawyers:
M3M India Private Limited
Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO)
Euramco GmBh (formerly Sachsenfonds GmBh)
Kunshan QTech Microelectronics (India) Private Limited
Carzonrent (India) Private Limited
Dalian Wanda Group
Manfield Chemical Investment Limited
Ebiquity India Private Limited
Adie Broswon Breweries Private Limited
A.B. Grains Spirits Private Limited
Emaar India Limited
- Advised Kunshan Q Tech Microelectronics (India) Private Limited on acquisition of immovable assets from Havells India Limited.
- Advised Intellicar Telematics Private Limited and its shareholders on the 100% sale of the company to TVS Motor Company Limited.
Other key lawyers:
Euramco GmBh (formerly Sachsenfonds GmBh)
- Advised Hashed, Inc. and a group of Korean Angel Investors on their Series B Funding of Diacoustic Labs Private Limited, in a round size of $2.2m.
- Advised Ruizheng Investment Limited, an investment vehicle of Fosun Group’s Fosun RZ Capital, on its Series B1 funding of Lets Transport, owned and operated by Diptab Ventures Private Limited, in a round size of $7.5m.
- Advised Ruizheng Investment Limited, an investment vehicle of Fosun Group’s Fosun RZ Capital, on its Series A funding of Dotpe Private Limited, in a round size of $27.5m.
ATLAS LAW PARTNERS > Firm Profile
Atlas Law Partners is a boutique corporate and transactional advisory law firm, with expertise in corporate commercial laws, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, banking and finance, private client practice matters, regulatory matters, antitrust/competition laws and dispute resolution. The firm is head quartered in New Delhi and has a pan India practice.
The firm was established in November 2016. The attorneys at Atlas Law Partners comprise of legal practitioners with varied experience across diverse practice areas and expertise across multiple industries, including banking and financial services, real estate, e-commerce, oil and gas, hospitality, health care, media, technology and entertainment, retail trade, education, steel and power, shipping, aviation, infrastructure, projects and more.
The attorneys at the firm have worked with leading Indian and multinational corporations, financial institutions, start-ups, small and medium sized businesses and governments/government corporations in India and abroad.
Awards and accolades
The firm has received several awards and accolades:
- Harry Chawla ranked in India Business Law Journal’s A-list of Top 100 lawyers in 2020
- Ranked for Corporate M&A and Private Equity & Investment Funds by Legal500 Asia Pacific Guide 2021
- Ranked for both Banking, M&A and Private Equity practices by IFLR1000 2022
- Ranked as a Recognized Firm for Banking Finance and Real Estate and Notable Firm for Corporate M&A and Private Equity practices by AsiaLaw 2022
- Awarded Real Estate Law Firm of the Year – 2021 by The Lawyer Network
- Awarded Real Estate Law Firm of the Year – 2020 by Global Law Experts
- Awarded Best Boutique Transactional Advisory Law Firm – India by APAC Legal Awards 2020
- Harry Chawla awarded Leading Legal Mind in Corporate Finance (India) by APAC Legal Awards 2020
- Awarded M&A and Banking Finance Law Firm of the Year in India by 2020 Corporate INTL Global Awards
- Awarded Banking & Finance Law Firm of The Year – India by ACQ5 Global Awards 2019
- Harry Chawla recommended as Real Estate Expert in India by Global Law Experts
- Awarded the Banking & Finance Law Firm of the Year in India – 2019 by Global Law Experts
- Named as the Rising Star of India’s legal profession, by India Business Law Journal for two consecutive years in 2017 and 2018
- Ranked as the Rising Star in 2018 by Practise League
- Harry Chawla, co-founder and senior partner at the firm was ranked for his work in corporate M&A by Asia Law Leading Lawyers in 2018
- Harry Chawla ranked in India Business Law Journal’s A-list of Top 100 lawyers in 2016-17
- Niti Paul, the co-founder and a senior partner at the firm, has been featured as one of the prominent figures in The Phenomenal She 2019, published by the Indian National Bar Association
- Harry Chawla featured in the “Constellations – Shining Stars of Indian Legal Fraternity” released by Corporate Counsels Association of India in 2019
- Atlas Law Partners and its co-founders, Harry Chawla and Niti Paul recognized as a Rising Star in the Legal Firmament by InsightsSuccess
|General Corporate||Harry Chawlaemail@example.com||+91-11-4054 2305|
|Mergers & Acquisitions||Niti Paulfirstname.lastname@example.org||+91-11-4054 2305|
|Private Equity & Venture Capital||Medha Srivastavaemail@example.com||+91-11-4054 2305|
|Banking & Finance||Harry Chawlafirstname.lastname@example.org||+91-11-40542305|
|Real Estate||Harry Chawlaemail@example.com||+91-11-40542305|
|Real Estate||Maureen Z Raltefirstname.lastname@example.org||+91-11-40542305|
|Regulatory Affairs & Public Policy||Niti Paulemail@example.com||+91-11-40542305|
|Antitrust / Competition Law||Medha Srivastavafirstname.lastname@example.org||+91-11-40542305|
|Labour and Employment||Maureen Z Ralteemail@example.com||+91-11-40542305|
|Litigation and Dispute Resolution||Sidhartha Dasfirstname.lastname@example.org||+91-11-40542305|
|Insolvency and Bankruptcy||Sidhartha Dasemail@example.com||+91-11-40542305|
|Private Client and Family Office||Harry Chawlafirstname.lastname@example.org||+91-11-40542305|
|Mr Aditya Abhyankar||Managing Associate||View Profile|
|Mr Harry Chawla||Senior Partner and Co-founder||View Profile|
|Mr Sidhartha Das||Managing Associate||View Profile|
|Mr Akshit Kapoor||Managing Associate||View Profile|
|Ms Niti Paul||Senior Partner and Co-founder||View Profile|
|Ms Maureen Z. Ralte||Associate Partner||View Profile|
|Ms Medha Srivastava||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Varun Vaish||Managing Associate||View Profile|
LanguagesEnglish (fluent) Hindi Punjabi Bengali
MembershipsInter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA) New York Bar Association IBA (International Bar Association)
- Advised Deli CMF Pte Ltd (an investment vehicle of Fosun Group’s China Momentum Fund) in the sale of its shares of, and part exit from, Delhivery Part Limited to : (i) Südasien Investmentfonds A Ltd. and Südasien Investmentfonds B Ltd. (ii) Bay Capital Holding Ltd. and (iii) Amamsa Investments Ltd.
- Advised IFFCO in the restructuring of the credit facilities amounting to USD 850 mn. availed by IFFCO’s foreign subsidiary i.e. Jordan India Fertilizer Company.
- Advised and represented the Corporate Applicant, Loon Land Development Ltd., in its Application for initiation of pre-packaged insolvency under Section 54C of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016, which was admitted by the Hon’ble Tribunal under the newly introduced Chapter III-A for pre-packaged insolvency resolution process of MSMEs and is the first admission order passed by the Hon’ble New Delhi Bench after introduction of pre-packaged insolvency resolution regime.
- Advised Ruizheng Investment (BVI) Limited, an investment vehicle of Fosun Group’s Fosun RZ Capital, in their Series B1 funding of Lets Transport, owned and operated by Diptab Ventures Private Limited, in a round size of US$ 7.5 mn.
- Advised Ruizheng Investment (BVI) Limited, an investment vehicle of Fosun Group’s Fosun RZ Capital, in their Series A funding of Dotpe Private Limited, in a round size of US$ 27.5 mn.
- Advised Ruizheng Investment (BVI) Limited, an investment vehicle of Fosun Group’s Fosun RZ Capital, in assignment of its rights under the Series B Share Subscription Agreement, to MA Theta, a private trust incorporated under the laws of India.
- Advised Goodwater Capital in their Seed Funding of US$ 10,000, by way of Convertible Notes, of NSquared Systems Private Limited.
- Advised Hashed Venture Fund I, an investment vehicle of Hashed Inc., in their Series B2 funding of Megashots Internet Private Limited, in a round size of US$ 12.7 mn.
- Advised Shyam Spectra Private Limited in a financing transaction with Advance India Projects Limited.
- Advised M3M India Private Limited in raising a long facility of approximately INR 200 crores from IndusInd Bank.
- Advised M3M India Private Limited in acquisition of a land owning company (which was part of the Shipra Group) owning 73 Acres of land valued at over INR 1400 Crores.
Legal Developments28th April 2020 Corona Virus (COVID 19) has engulfed the world into an unprecedented crisis forcing most of the countries to enforce a lockdown on the movement of persons which appears to be the only option to control and contain spread of this dreaded virus. Around 211 countries and areas are experiencing the cases of COVID-19, with around 14,30,298 confirmed cases and 82,130 confirmed deaths, the disease has been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation (“WHO”). In India itself, the curve is rising at high speed, with 5,194 active cases and 149 deaths as recorded on the 8th of April, 2020. In order to contain the spread of the virus and strictly implement the concept of “social distancing”, the Government of India declared a 21-days nation-wide lockdown with effect from 25th March, 2020 to 14th April, 2020 (Order No. 40-3/2020-DM-I(A), issued on March 24, 2020 by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India), pursuant to the powers conferred on it under Section 10(2)(l) of the Disaster Management Act, 2005 and the order of the National Disaster Management Authority (Order No. 1-29/2020-PP (Pt. II) dated 24th March, 2020. The ‘lock-down’ restricts residents’ movement outside of their homes and orders a closure of all offices, factories and shops, except those considered as essential goods and services.
27th April 2020 On account of COVID – 19 being declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization, several countries have taken a slew of drastic measures to combat the spread of the virus. The alarming rise in the number of cases in India actioned the Central Government into implementing a nationwide lock-down. Further, taking cognizance of the disruptions in operations, logistics as well the workforce caused by the lock-down, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India (“MCA”), the market regulatory – Securities and Exchange Board of India (“SEBI”) and the central bank – Reserve Bank of India (“RBI”) announced several relaxations in regulatory and statutory compliances that have to be undertaken by the companies to enable them to tide over this period of disruption caused by COVID-19. In this article, we have discussed the various relaxations permitted to companies for business continuity during this period by the MCA, SEBI and RBI.
31st January 2020 Introduction