Ivan Semenkin > EMPP Law Firm > Moscow, Russia > Lawyer Profile
EMPP Law Firm Offices
2, Business Centre Skakovaya
17 Skakovaya Street
- Go to...
M&A,corporate, capital markets
Ivan is a recognized expert in corporate matters, complex cross-border and domestic M&A transactions and joint ventures in various industries. Ivan has an extensive experience in financings including transactions at financial and capital markets. As a recognized practitioner Ivan was included in various editions of the Chambers & Partners legal guides.
AMONG THE MOST COMPLEX AND REMARKABLE IVAN’S DEALS AND PROJECTS ARE:
- acting as transactional legal counsel in the acquisition by the largest Russian IT company, Mail.ru Group, of a share in education platform Skillbox;
- acting for Rosneft on the acquisition of global oil merchanting and trading business of Morgan Stanley;
- representing JSC Polymetal and its major shareholders on the landmark $6bn redomiciliation of the company to the UK, its take-over by Polymetal International plc with simultaneous IPO and listing on the London Stock Exchange;
- acting for Rosneft on certain corporate aspects of its JV with BP plc and asset swap; establishment of X5 Retail Group by merger of Pyaterochka and Perekrestok and its following acquisition by Alfa Group;
- advising ConocoPhillips on its $8bn sale of LUKOil shares and GDRs back to LUKOil Group;
- advising on the merger of assets of Glencore, RUSAL and SUAL to create UC RUSAL plc;
- participation in the largest IPOs and bond offerings at domestic and international exchanges and advising on various private equity and venture investments.
Lomonosov Moscow State University (Diploma in Law with honors, 2005).