Laura Ziferman > WALLESS > Vilnius, Lithuania > Lawyer Profile
UPES STR. 23
- Go to...
Competition & Regulatory:
- Competition and Regulatory
- Public Procurement and PPP
- Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
Ellex Valiunas, Lithuania, Partner and Co-Chair of Commercial & Regulatory Practice (2004-2018)
- EMBA, Baltic Management Institute, 2016
- Postgraduate Diploma in Economics for Competition Law, King’s College, 2011
- LL.M in European Law and Tax Regulation, Maastricht University, 2005
- Bachelor in International, EU and Comparative Law, International University Concordia Audentes, 2004
WALLESS‘ team is experienced in the life sciences sector, as well as advising on technology concerning medical and financial services. Laura Ziferman, who leads the team, is an expert in competition and regulatory work. Corporate and commercial partner Dovile Burgiene also has a strong focus the TMT and healthcare sectors.
WALLESS‘ areas of strength include advising clients on merger control, and on the behavioural side, handling competition investigations. Practice head Laura Ziferman is an expert in competition, public procurement and public-private partnerships. Also recommended is Marius Dobilas. The team has been significantly strengthened recently, with Darius Miniotas joining from TGS Baltic. He is an expert in cartel investigations and abuse of dominance issues.
WALLESS hired a number of partners from Ellex in 2019, and in addition, expanded its presence in the Baltic region in 2020 by merging with Latvia’s Primus Derling and Estonia’s Derling Primus. Povilas Zukauskas, who leads the corporate team, is highly experienced in M&A, joint ventures and restructurings. Laura Ziferman heads up the commercial side of the practice, and is also prominent in complementary areas such as regulatory and competition law. Managing partner Dovile Burgiene has been instructed on some of the biggest deals seen in the Baltic region and is most notably active in the TMT, biotech and manufacturing sectors.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking, finance and capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Real estate and construction