Mr Steven Thiruneelakandan > Steven Thiru & Sudhar Partnership > KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Steven Thiru & Sudhar Partnership Offices
UNIT A1-12-01, ARCORIS MONT KIARA
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Mr Steven Thiruneelakandan
Dispute Resolution, Industrial Relations
General Litigation (including appellate matters and judicial reviews)
Corporate & Securities Litigation
Employment Law & Industrial Relations
Insolvency & Restructuring
Public Interest Law, Human Rights
Regulatory and Compliance
Real Estate & Property
Utilities, Infrastructure & Construction
With almost 30 years of experience under his belt, Steven represents clients at all levels of the courts. His client base includes corporations from the public utilities, infrastructure and project development, aviation and airlines, banks, charities, financial services, education, media, oil & gas, real estate and telecommunications sectors.
In recent years, Steven has successfully represented and advised clients in:
- a RM579 million dispute involving the evaluation and accreditation of the local medical programs and the termination of the offshore medical programs.
- several landmark decisions involving meter-tampering, power theft and fraud.
- cases involving breach of fiduciary duty by high level employees.
- land acquisition matters involving the methodology of calculation for severance damage caused by an acquisition exercise
Steven is also an established practise in the area of employment law and industrial relations.
Steven was President of the Malaysian Bar from 2015 – 2017.
English, Bahasa Malaysia
- 2017 – current : Council Member (Malaysia), Commonwealth Lawyers Association.
- 2017 – current : Exco Member, Lawasia.
- 2015 – 2017 : 31st President of the Malaysian Bar.
- 2006 – 2018 : Member, Bar Council Malaysia.
- Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya.
- Member of the Malaysian Bar
- LL.B (Hons) (University of Leicester)
- LL.M (University Malaya)
- Barrister – at – Law (Middle Temple)
- Long-distance running
Malaysia > Labour and employment
Steven Thiru & Sudhar Partnership’s employment offering is co-led by Janice Anne Leo and Steven Thiruneelakandan. The practice has experience in advisory work, assisting clients on matters concerning the transfer of employees during change of business ownership, as well as unfair dismissal and termination of contracts. David Ng Yew Kiat has expertise representing clients in employment disputes at the Industrial Court and the High Court.
Malaysia > Dispute resolution
The dispute resolution team at Steven Thiru & Sudhar Partnership has a diverse client roster, including state-owned entities, blue chip corporations, public utilities providers and insurers. The practice has experience in litigation and arbitration proceedings, with notable expertise in the construction and energy sectors. Steven Thiruneelakandan, who has a strong track record in employment disputes, leads the practice alongside arbitrator Sudharsanan Thillainathan.