Heather Roberts > McCormicks > Harrogate, England > Lawyer Profile
35-37 EAST PARADE
- Go to...
Heather is a Commercial Property specialist with wide experience of acting for investors, developers, landlords, tenants and banks.
She has specific experience of investment, development and asset management work and works closely, in respect of the latter, with the Property Litigation team. Development work has more recently comprised significant local residential schemes.
She regularly advises investor and SME clients on their portfolio purchases and management. Clients range from private investors and funds through to landed estates and charities. She also advises occupational tenants, with a particular specialism in retail, having previously acted for a major shopping centre client and numerous high street retailers.
Qualified as a solicitor – 15 April 1999.
Heather trained and has substantial post qualification experience with major regional and national practices and joined McCormicks in May 2011.
French, German, Italian
Heather graduated with a degree in French and German and completed her legal studies at Nottingham Law School.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
McCormicks counts property developers and portfolio investors, as well as landed estates and charities, among its list of key clients, and continues to build its roster of commercial property and residential investors. Heather Roberts leads the team and advises on residential development schemes, in addition to sales, purchases and tenant issues arising out of the retail sector.
McCormicks advises its roster of clients, including private investors, developers, landed estates and charities, on landlord and tenant work, dilapidation claims, boundary disputes and possession matters. Philip Edmondson leads the team, which includes experienced commercial litigator Peter McCormick and Heather Roberts. Key clients include The Premier League, Leeds United FC and GMI Holdings Limited.
Commended as ‘the best in the business’, Harrogate-based McCormicks attributes its reputation to founding partner Peter McCormick, who is praised as ‘the UK’s leading football lawyer by a mile’ and was recently appointed as interim chairman of The Premier League. McCormick leads the practice alongside Philip Edmondson, who focuses on disputes involving key clients, such as Leeds United FC, and James Towler, who advises sporting clients on acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, group reorganisations and commercial agreements. Other key members of the team include commercial property head Heather Roberts and associate Emily Steed.
- Sport - Yorkshire and the Humber > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Property litigation - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
- Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire